GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva & FTP

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
enero

GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva & FTP

Post by enero »

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, and i was wondering if i could upload a copy of GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva or any other PS2 game to obtain FTP access, as i don't really own any other type of retail physical media that`s not on blu-ray (and i don`t own a PC BD burner/reader); and i was wondering what i did wrong in my first FTP submission, as i didn't receive any PM from a mod.

Kind Regards,
Enero

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva & FTP

Post by mrpijey »

Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

enero

Post by enero »

yeah, I had read it before, but it does state that we can upload that kind of software but it'll be archived. is it acceptable as a submission for ftp acess?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

No, abandonware console games won't be accepted for FTP access since we don't archive those games.

enero

Post by enero »

The only thing I might have that complies with the guidelines is a dump of Gran Turismo Sport (not abandonware as it's still being maintained) that I archived when I jailbroke my PS4. would that be acceptable? And, if so, is it a deal-breaker that it isn't dumped the way it's stated on the guide (it's dumped in .PKGs that are installable by any jailbroken PS4)? Because it's impossible to dump a PS4 game on PC - At least that I know of.
Last edited by enero on Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

No console games are acceptable as FTP access entry, with one single exception: If it's an original factory pressed beta title. We don't archive abandonware console games in any form. That includes the Playstation 4.

enero

Post by enero »

dang... than I'm screwed. what do you reckon should be a worthwhile contribution? Because I'll have to do a deep search through my stuff to find something doable, so why not search for something useful to you.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Anything that fits within our contribution guidelines is worthwhile, either as a new release or one that improves an existing we have.

enero

Post by enero »

I'm so sorry to be bothering with such questions so often as I'm trying my best to get an acceptable submission as I really can't find anything on optical media that's not pirated :| . Do you accept steam games for FTP admission? If so, I can send you a screenshot of my library and you could tell me what should be okay to submit. Once again, I'm so sorry to be bothering you with this, but I'm trying to work out a solution within my means.

Just a random guy hanging out on BetaArchive in order to satisfy his inner nerdy self ;)

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Digital games are not acceptable means for FTP access. I also have all those games archived already.