need help on which file in xp to mod

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
alpha.burton

need help on which file in xp to mod

Post by alpha.burton »

need help on which file or files in xp to mod for the install screen. i want to change the images

AyamiOoruri29

Re: need help on which file in xp to mod

Post by AyamiOoruri29 »

The file is "Winntbbu.dll", in which there are several modified images for Setup Billboard.
Discord: @Michelpuri#7783

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

AyamiOoruri29 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:52 am
The file is "Winntbbu.dll", in which there are several modified images for Setup Billboard.
@AyamiOoruri29 Thanks, I had asked that question before but had forgot the name of the file :$

on another note would you or anyone else on hear know if you could use a image file for the "PaintDesktopVersion" instead of the text on the desktop like it does in the starter edition of XP?

AyamiOoruri29

Post by AyamiOoruri29 »

alpha.burton wrote: @AyamiOoruri29 Thanks, I had asked that question before but had forgot the name of the file :$
No problem.
alpha.burton wrote: on another note would you or anyone else on hear know if you could use a image file for the "PaintDesktopVersion" instead of the text on the desktop like it does in the starter edition of XP?
"PaintDesktopVersion" is kinda watermark, it is possible change "win32k.sys" using PE Explorer, although using Resource Hacker would corrupt it.

I wasn't sure if XP Starter Edition had image file watermark, i guess maybe "EDiskeer.dll". too hard modify for me.
Discord: @Michelpuri#7783

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

@AyamiOoruri29

i was kinda afraid of that, if one could figure out how they hook the "EDiskeer.dll" might be the answer. maybe someone else on here could chime in on this with any ideals.