FTP Abandonware Mac Filetype

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
Jonesy45

FTP Abandonware Mac Filetype

Post by Jonesy45 »

Hi. As a new FTP member I had my first look at the server. I was interested in the (Abandonware) Macintosh Pascal 2.1 file. Having downloaded it I seem not to be able to transfer the disk image(s) to disk. I assume they are 400k single sided images of two disks but I have failed to find a tool to write them. At the moment, Diskcopy on my Mac SE/30 won't recognise them and on PC, I have HSVExplorer with a >limit of 800k images and Fluxengine+Greaseweazle which errors on write. Any ideas on the format of the images and writing procedure? Thanks. :$

Jonesy45

Re: FTP Abandonware Mac Filetype

Post by Jonesy45 »

Well I think making a post on the issue made all the difference. Not only did I discover that OS 7.x doesn't write ss 400k disks but Diskcopy 6 doesn't list images for selection unless the Superdrive is empty. So I now have the images written and installed. I'm happy but I was thinking this version of Pascal had a compiler. I know v2.0 has an applet to run programs but this one has a bare-bones editor only...Hmmm.