Windows 8 build 8056 on the current date

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Stef Mihai

Windows 8 build 8056 on the current date

Post by Stef Mihai »

Hello again. I have a question. Why is Windows 8 build 8056 with a broken timebomb. Everywhere on the internet you can find that this build contains a timebomb ( for example here: https://betawiki.net/wiki/Windows_8_bui ... grfx_dev1)). I used Virtualbox and, it installed in 10 minutes, without having to change date. Why?
Here is an image :Image
Interested in all kinds of old software!

Meow

Re: Windows 8 build 8056 on the current date

Post by Meow »

Stef Mihai wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:57 pm
Hello again. I have a question. Why is Windows 8 build 8056 with a broken timebomb. Everywhere on the internet you can find that this build contains a timebomb ( for example here: https://betawiki.net/wiki/Windows_8_bui ... grfx_dev1)). I used Virtualbox and, it installed in 10 minutes, without having to change date. Why?
Windows timebombs at this time were tied to activation. You just won’t be able to activate.

This changed when MS started flightsigning in 2014 or so and builds would stop booting.

Stef Mihai

Post by Stef Mihai »

Meow wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:45 am
Stef Mihai wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:57 pm
Windows timebombs at this time were tied to activation. You just won’t be able to activate.

This changed when MS started flightsigning in 2014 or so and builds would stop booting.
Yes, you can't activate this build. Also Metro feaures render it unusable. I have tried earlier to use redlock but it made it crash and startup repair showed up...and in the end I could boot it again.

PTEVENA

Post by PTEVENA »

Stef Mihai wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:46 am
Meow wrote:

Yes, you can't activate this build. Also Metro feaures render it unusable. I have tried earlier to use redlock but it made it crash and startup repair showed up...and in the end I could boot it again.
Redlock's latest build can only go up to build 8121. Furthermore, a 2011 build working in 2022 is probably a broken timebomb.

Stef Mihai

Post by Stef Mihai »

PTEVENA wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:51 am
Stef Mihai wrote:

Redlock's latest build can only go up to build 8121. Furthermore, a 2011 build working in 2022 is probably a broken timebomb.
Yes. It is. Also now I got Metro/Redpill working. It looks better than the Official Windows 8 Developer Preview build 8102

Andydudes

Post by Andydudes »

Stef Mihai wrote:
Meow wrote:

Don't write nonsense. In this assembly, the pre-metro is activated without the slightest problem, the system is very stable and works without crashes.

Stef Mihai

Post by Stef Mihai »

Andydudes wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:18 am
Stef Mihai wrote:

Don't write nonsense. In this assembly, the pre-metro is activated without the slightest problem, the system is very stable and works without crashes.
Wait I don't think you got that by default. Also, after a repair I said I could boot it ok. (with redpill)