Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Post Reply
TheBetaFan18329
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:01 am

Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by TheBetaFan18329 »

Hi Everyone!

I installed Windows Longhorn Build 4029 in VMware Workstation 16.2.1 but since I installed the display driver, the notifications are glitched.

Is there a way to fix this?

Here is a picture: https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... r.6145.png

Whistler2419
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:16 am

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by Whistler2419 »

Maybe due to buggy sidebar.
Disable and re-enable the sidebar.
I LOVE Windows Whistler Build 2419!
And Windows XP RTM! :D

Project:biodegradable
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:47 am

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by Project:biodegradable »

Hi, how did you manage to install this build on VMware? For me it crashes on boot-screen and shows a BSOD

TheBetaFan18329
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:01 am

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by TheBetaFan18329 »

Whistler2419 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:26 am
Maybe due to buggy sidebar.
Disable and re-enable the sidebar.
I disabled and I re-enabled the sidebar, but it is still glitched
Project:biodegradable wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:31 pm
Hi, how did you manage to install this build on VMware? For me it crashes on boot-screen and shows a BSOD
Before I installed this build, I set the virtual machine's hardware compatibility to 6.5-7.x

dixieLH
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:59 pm

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by dixieLH »

anything above v11 breaks Longhorns

techLinuxtux
User avatar
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:21 am
Location: r/youngpeopleyoutube

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by techLinuxtux »

i recommend resizing the screen resolution of the virtual machine

this also happened to me too, i'm not the only one trapped in your issue
Image



2004/2005 roblox rating images: :D :) :(

TheBetaFan18329
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:01 am

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by TheBetaFan18329 »

techLinuxtux wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:41 am
i recommend resizing the screen resolution of the virtual machine

this also happened to me too, i'm not the only one trapped in your issue
I tried resizing the screen resolution but the only resolution that did not have the glitched notifications was 6688 by 5016 pixels. :?

https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... r.9620.png

Andydudes
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:54 pm

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by Andydudes »

Yes, the beta community has shrunk. But before, even such a question was incorrectly asked. This assembly works without the slightest problems on VMware, you need to set compatibility with 6.5-7 and install the correct drivers from Thomas Hounsell.
Image
Image
Image

techLinuxtux
User avatar
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:21 am
Location: r/youngpeopleyoutube

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by techLinuxtux »

TheBetaFan18329 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:28 pm
techLinuxtux wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:41 am
i recommend resizing the screen resolution of the virtual machine

this also happened to me too, i'm not the only one trapped in your issue
I tried resizing the screen resolution but the only resolution that did not have the glitched notifications was 6688 by 5016 pixels. :?

https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... r.9620.png
so you should resize it back to where you want it to be
Image



2004/2005 roblox rating images: :D :) :(

TheBetaFan18329
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:01 am

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by TheBetaFan18329 »

techLinuxtux wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:45 pm
TheBetaFan18329 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:28 pm
techLinuxtux wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:41 am
i recommend resizing the screen resolution of the virtual machine

this also happened to me too, i'm not the only one trapped in your issue
I tried resizing the screen resolution but the only resolution that did not have the glitched notifications was 6688 by 5016 pixels. :?

https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... r.9620.png
so you should resize it back to where you want it to be
I resized the screen resolution from 6688 by 5016 pixels to my main resolution which is 1920 by 1080 pixels and the notifications were glitched when I reduced the screen resolution. Should I use the Hounsell drivers instead of the drivers that I am using which are the Melcher drivers?

https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .67317.png

techLinuxtux
User avatar
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:21 am
Location: r/youngpeopleyoutube

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by techLinuxtux »

TheBetaFan18329 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:45 am
techLinuxtux wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:45 pm
TheBetaFan18329 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:28 pm
techLinuxtux wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:41 am
i recommend resizing the screen resolution of the virtual machine

this also happened to me too, i'm not the only one trapped in your issue
I tried resizing the screen resolution but the only resolution that did not have the glitched notifications was 6688 by 5016 pixels. :?

https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... r.9620.png
so you should resize it back to where you want it to be
I resized the screen resolution from 6688 by 5016 pixels to my main resolution which is 1920 by 1080 pixels and the notifications were glitched when I reduced the screen resolution. Should I use the Hounsell drivers instead of the drivers that I am using which are the Melcher drivers?

https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .67317.png
i think I used the Hounsell drivers, go ahead with it to see if it breaks or not
Image



2004/2005 roblox rating images: :D :) :(

Andydudes
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:54 pm

Re: Windows Longhorn Build 4029 Notification Issue

Post by Andydudes »

TheBetaFan18329 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:45 am
techLinuxtux wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:45 pm
TheBetaFan18329 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:28 pm
techLinuxtux wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:41 am
i recommend resizing the screen resolution of the virtual machine

this also happened to me too, i'm not the only one trapped in your issue
I tried resizing the screen resolution but the only resolution that did not have the glitched notifications was 6688 by 5016 pixels. :?

https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... r.9620.png
so you should resize it back to where you want it to be
I resized the screen resolution from 6688 by 5016 pixels to my main resolution which is 1920 by 1080 pixels and the notifications were glitched when I reduced the screen resolution. Should I use the Hounsell drivers instead of the drivers that I am using which are the Melcher drivers?

https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .67317.png
Why are you asking the question again? I answered you, why ask the same thing? I have provided screenshots for proof. This is not a discussion at all. Go to the wiki page, there is everything you need. These are elementary questions.
Moreover, you have not even indicated what is the configuration of your main computer. How can you give you the correct answer in such a situation? There are no psychics here

Post Reply