Windows 11 Dev Channel Builds Are Now Nickel Builds.

Discuss Windows 11 and newer.
chasemorgan2010

Windows 11 Dev Channel Builds Are Now Nickel Builds.

Post by chasemorgan2010 »

Microsoft released Windows 11 Build 22000.176, But that's only for the beta channel, Instead the dev channel gets nickel builds, The first one being Build 22449, And guess what? Buggier builds and timebombs. So dev channel insiders, Want a more stable build? Switch to the beta channel. (I also switched to beta channel.)
I wish i had Download access...

Joet BERNARD

Re: Windows 11 Dev Channel Builds Are Now Nickel Builds.

Post by Joet BERNARD »

This is completely stupid isn't it
French only
Home of Signé JARB
My hardware collection not totally up to date...
My NEW Discord server

Voyambar

Post by Voyambar »

chasemorgan2010 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:30 pm
Microsoft released Windows 11 Build 22000.176, But that's only for the beta channel, Instead the dev channel gets nickel builds, The first one being Build 22449, And guess what? Buggier builds and timebombs. So dev channel insiders, Want a more stable build? Switch to the beta channel. (I also switched to beta channel.)
This is why people usually tell you to not install Insider builds on your main PC. Install them on one with no important data but not everyone has multiple PC's.

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

chasemorgan2010 wrote:
Dev channel is intended for those who wants to be guinea pigs. The builds aren't tied to a release for the last 2 years (with the exception of this Win11 launch) but instead to test new features that would be backported to a stable build.

It sounds like you and half the other curious testers shouldn't have switch to the dev channel in the first place. Unlike this 22000 build which received weekly builds as easy to install cumulative updates, the usual dev channel builds takes half an hour to upgrade. This would be utter annoying for regular users on a primary PC to go through this process every week.

BetasAreFun999

Post by BetasAreFun999 »

Let me guess... The next nickel builds will be cumulatives updates... am i right?

Lucss21a

Post by Lucss21a »

chasemorgan2010 wrote:
Microsoft said that you must go to the Beta branch. I don't have any backup PCs, yes but I do always use VMs, since I don't really wanted to wipe all data on my HDDs.

Beta branch is stable in the first place. If you wanted no timebombs and stable 22449.1000, try 22000.176. Or wait for MS to stabilize the Nickel branch.

I always used the Dev branch to test out features isn't available on Beta branch. Dev branch is for people who willing to be guinea pigs. Beta branch is for people who likes more stability and it's recommended by Microsoft.

BTW, I gonna update to Windows 11 if they lowered the requirements or I got better hardware.
My blog: https://alexisgaming95.neocities.org

Is AlphaBeta REALLY brainwashing us tho?

georgnation

Post by georgnation »

The cobalt release has remained to this day. He's just on another channel now.