Windows 11 release date

Discuss Windows 11 and newer.
Post Reply
Random_User
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1169
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:48 am

Windows 11 release date

Post by Random_User »

Microsoft has just announced that Windows 11 is set for release on October 05, 2021.

yourepicfailure
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1301
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Lufthansa DC-10

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by yourepicfailure »

And you can also expect "Windows 11 block bypassers" and "Allow Windows 11 updates on unsupported hardware" tools to follow shortly after.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
Image
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

Fanta Shokata
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:48 pm
Location: Tricity, Poland

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by Fanta Shokata »

yourepicfailure wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:28 am
And you can also expect "Windows 11 block bypassers" and "Allow Windows 11 updates on unsupported hardware" tools to follow shortly after.
I'll be getting a new PC with Windows 11 rather than using hacks.
SHOKATA caused a General Protection Fault in module KRNL386.EXE at 6211:1566

LarryTN7722
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by LarryTN7722 »

I wonder what the physical box/package will look like. 8-)

Lucss21a
User avatar
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:39 am
Contact:

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by Lucss21a »

LarryTN7722 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:04 pm
I wonder what the physical box/package will look like. 8-)
I'm thinking like the same as Windows 10, but the wallpaper is the bg
WinPad, yey!

My blog: https://alexisgaming21.wordpress.com

Whistler loading wheel is cool

Image



Is AlphaBeta REALLY brainwashing us tho?

fs372
FTP Access
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:00 pm

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by fs372 »

What I am concerned about is how to smoothly upgrade the machine that does not support TPM

LetsLeakOurHardWork
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 30, 2021 2:17 am
Location: United States

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by LetsLeakOurHardWork »

Once it is released, it WILL be tough for 32-bit computers, since Windows 11 only works with x64 PCs now. :-(
let's leak our hard work

Joet BERNARD
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:27 pm
Location: Tours, France
Contact:

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by Joet BERNARD »

Who still using x86 only processor in 2021 ?
French only
Home of my websites Index
Home of WINJOY ("Dzêta" version deployed)
My hardware collection not up to date...
My Discord server

Windows8.1rocks
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by Windows8.1rocks »

Fact: Windows 11 apparently will run on "unsupported" hardware. The only thing stopping you is Windows Update. Proves that Windows 11 Strict Requirements are artificial

JimOlive
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:07 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence
Contact:

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by JimOlive »

Joet BERNARD wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:56 pm
Who still using x86 only processor in 2021 ?
Unfortunately, there are probably people out there still using 32-bit processors on their PC.

Voyambar
FTP Access
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:12 pm

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by Voyambar »

JimOlive wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:18 am
Joet BERNARD wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:56 pm
Who still using x86 only processor in 2021 ?
Unfortunately, there are probably people out there still using 32-bit processors on their PC.
Not any recent ones though I'd bet. Over 90% of computers made today use x64 processors.

XDude
Donator
Posts: 1526
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:40 am

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by XDude »

Windows8.1rocks wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:08 pm
Fact: Windows 11 apparently will run on "unsupported" hardware. The only thing stopping you is Windows Update. Proves that Windows 11 Strict Requirements are artificial
It's a business decision. Continuing to spend extra money on supporting 32 bit only systems isn't a good use of resources. Take means keeping x86 codes on the server for testing, training tech support and debugging issues related to that specific architecture.

Voyambar
FTP Access
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:12 pm

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by Voyambar »

XDude wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:09 am
Windows8.1rocks wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:08 pm
Fact: Windows 11 apparently will run on "unsupported" hardware. The only thing stopping you is Windows Update. Proves that Windows 11 Strict Requirements are artificial
It's a business decision. Continuing to spend extra money on supporting 32 bit only systems isn't a good use of resources. Take means keeping x86 codes on the server for testing, training tech support and debugging issues related to that specific architecture.
Not only that but it could be a security hole if nobody's designing updates for x86 hardware

Lucss21a
User avatar
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:39 am
Contact:

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by Lucss21a »

Voyambar wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:32 pm
JimOlive wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:18 am
Joet BERNARD wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:56 pm
Who still using x86 only processor in 2021 ?
Unfortunately, there are probably people out there still using 32-bit processors on their PC.
Not any recent ones though I'd bet. Over 90% of computers made today use x64 processors.
They probably stuck with x86 probably because of budget, especially low income areas.
WinPad, yey!

My blog: https://alexisgaming21.wordpress.com

Whistler loading wheel is cool

Image



Is AlphaBeta REALLY brainwashing us tho?

XDude
Donator
Posts: 1526
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:40 am

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by XDude »

Lucss21a wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:44 am
Voyambar wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:32 pm
JimOlive wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:18 am
Joet BERNARD wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:56 pm
Who still using x86 only processor in 2021 ?
Unfortunately, there are probably people out there still using 32-bit processors on their PC.
Not any recent ones though I'd bet. Over 90% of computers made today use x64 processors.
They probably stuck with x86 probably because of budget, especially low income areas.
Those PC would be so slow that they won't even get the "Windows 11 experience" that MS is delivering. I can't think of using a PC with less than 4GB RAM these days.

dixieLH
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:59 pm

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by dixieLH »

because of games and even worse browsing

find me a browser that doesn't hog memory
even derivets from older moz code struggle

before "html 5", i could have had literarly ~100 tabs oppened with old opera 11
it wouldn't come to 3 GB RAM

today even with less resource hungry browser, 10 tabs , 2 gigs no problem ...

LarryTN7722
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by LarryTN7722 »

Lucss21a wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:34 pm
LarryTN7722 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:04 pm
I wonder what the physical box/package will look like. 8-)
I'm thinking like the same as Windows 10, but the wallpaper is the bg
Yeah, and also they could use black and white as the boxes' background colour (ala dark and light mode), with the Windows 11 screen inside at the front of the box.

EverythingeeB
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:10 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by EverythingeeB »

dixieLH wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:46 pm
because of games and even worse browsing

find me a browser that doesn't hog memory
even derivets from older moz code struggle

before "html 5", i could have had literarly ~100 tabs oppened with old opera 11
it wouldn't come to 3 GB RAM

today even with less resource hungry browser, 10 tabs , 2 gigs no problem ...
I don't think you realize that HTML5 is much more stable than Flash, and also allows for more complex web pages than regular HTML. Also Firefox doesn't hog memory, as it only runs 4 "instances" of tabs at a time.
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/everythingeeB
Discord: https://discord.gg/248eQ7N

Main Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 / Ryzen 5 4600H / 1 x 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz / 256GB SSD / 1TB HDD / GTX 1650Ti Max-P
Retro Laptop: Gateway NV44 / Pentium T4300 / 2 x 4GB DDR3 800Mhz / 300GB HDD
Phone: Galaxy S3 (December 2017 - June 2019) / iPhone 5 (June 2019 - April 2020) / iPhone 6S (April 2020 - Present)

Lucss21a
User avatar
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:39 am
Contact:

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by Lucss21a »

LarryTN7722 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:01 am
Lucss21a wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:34 pm
LarryTN7722 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:04 pm
I wonder what the physical box/package will look like. 8-)
I'm thinking like the same as Windows 10, but the wallpaper is the bg
Yeah, and also they could use black and white as the boxes' background colour (ala dark and light mode), with the Windows 11 screen inside at the front of the box.
I made my own mockups on my DeviantArt.
WinPad, yey!

My blog: https://alexisgaming21.wordpress.com

Whistler loading wheel is cool

Image



Is AlphaBeta REALLY brainwashing us tho?

dixieLH
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:59 pm

Re: Windows 11 release date

Post by dixieLH »

EverythingeeB wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:24 pm
I don't think you realize that HTML5 is much more stable than Flash, and also allows for more complex web pages than regular HTML.
who mentioned flash ?
flash isn't even part of "html", it was just plugin.
-
and html 4 didnt ? -_-

Post Reply