Lost access to my old account

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
Kahenraz

Lost access to my old account

Post by Kahenraz »

I am the owner of the account Kahdragz and I don't remember my password and haven't been able to guess which e-mail address was used.

Would an administrator please PM me to help recover my old account?

Thank you.

x010
Staff

Re: Lost access to my old account

Post by x010 »

What evidence do you have to show that the account is really yours?

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

If you do not know and/or have access to the EMail address anymore you are out of luck.

Just stick to your new account. You will need to re-apply for FTP though
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

TinaMeineKatze

Post by TinaMeineKatze »

There would be the possibility for him to release a list of possible email-adresses as sha256 hashes (e.g. "bla@bli.com" would become "1b0200b55aeb68894b50b5cef8cf6d78912eacebb0d459e709a65029fdc757d6" and so on). The admins could then see which email may match, via

Code: Select all

select id, username, email from users where SHA(email, 256) in ("HIS-SHA-HASH-1", "HIS-SHA-HASH-2", ...) and name = "Kahdragz";
if I remember the PhpBB-database-structure properly, and then give the email to this account here, as it's very unlikely to post a hash of an existing email, and as he said he just couldn't guess which email was used. With this they could tell, and he could regain access as long as he still has access to that email. One could than even just copy the encrypted password (and possibly the salt) of that new account to the old one, so he could login again with the new credentials, using the emails as password-replacement (at least, if the md5/sha-hashed password just uses the password itself and possibly it's seed, I cannot remember how this works in PhpBB exactly tbh).

chrisjose1913
Donator

Post by chrisjose1913 »

Looks like the account was last logged into back in late 2019. and join the date was in 2012. Id suggest trying to remember any email address you used in this time frame. If you cannot maybe seeing if any email addresses are linked to current email address for password recovery ETC. I recently rediscovered a long forgotten email address I had not used in well over a decade because it was linked to another email address I still use that was also created over a decade ago. Maybe check any other accounts you still have access to other forums ETC and see what email address are linked, that may be you best bet.

Kahenraz

Post by Kahenraz »

You'll never guess what I figured out. ;)

Kahdragz

Post by Kahdragz »

I slept on it and spent spent some time today pouring over old e-mail addresses and managed to figure it out.

:)