Error accessing Global Address List when syncing Outlook with WinFS Beta 1 StoreSpy

Discuss any beta and abandonware applications.
Emir214

Error accessing Global Address List when syncing Outlook with WinFS Beta 1 StoreSpy

Post by Emir214 »

I was playing around with StoreSpy on WinFS Beta 1 (not Beta 1 Refresh) installed on Windows XP SP2 (vanilla, meaning: no updates). I wanted to sync it with Microsoft Outlook 2003 (also vanilla) but came up with this error. Running this in VirtualBox 6.1.18 on Windows 10 Version 20H2. Would appreciate a fix since the natural language queries/searches in StoreSpy only work with messages, contacts, and meetings.

Emir214

Re: Creating a Global Address List in Outlook 2003 for WinFS StoreSpy

Post by Emir214 »

Apparently, this was a bug that was supposed to have been fixed by a new version of StoreSpy. From the comments section at https://web.archive.org/web/20070522092 ... 65269.aspx
# re: WinFS Mailbox
Really good job, WinFS is great and I love the idea behind it.

I had some problems with StoreSpy, is there something where to post bug reports?

Anyway, i get the following when trying to sync with outlook:

"An error occurred with the following information:

Error accessing Global Address List.

Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Samples.WinFS.OutlookSync.OutlookSyncAdapter.Visit(AddressLists addressLists)
at Microsoft.Samples.WinFS.OutlookSync.OutlookSyncAdapter.Visit(NameSpace ns)
at Microsoft.Samples.WinFS.OutlookSync.OutlookSyncAdapter.Visit(Application app)
at Microsoft.Samples.WinFS.OutlookSync.OutlookSyncAdapter.Receive()
at Microsoft.Samples.WinFS.OutlookSync.OutlookSyncAdapter.Synchronize()
at Microsoft.Samples.WinFS.OutlookSync.SyncController.Synchronize()"
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 7:19 AM by Massimo Andreasi Bassi

# re: WinFS Mailbox
Hi Massimo -

This is a known bug in StoreSpy (we never tested it without a GAL). We will be releasing a new version of StoreSpy that overcomes this shortly.

Thanks,
alex
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 7:02 PM by Alex DeNeui [MSFT]
I had the same problem under StoreSpy in both Beta 1 and Beta 1 Refresh. Since there was no other WinFS releases after that, I'm guessing this bug was never fixed.

Therefore, I'd like to ask anyone if they have a guide in creating a Global Address List in Outlook 2003.