Is there a way to get VMware Tools installed on Windows Longhorn build 5231?

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
yuyusan

Is there a way to get VMware Tools installed on Windows Longhorn build 5231?

Post by yuyusan »

Is there a way to get VMware Tools installed on Windows Longhorn build 5231? :x

MrTechNews123

Re: Is there a way to get VMware Tools installed on Windows Longhorn build 5231?

Post by MrTechNews123 »

I wouldn't know, however I did read somewhere that an older version of VMware (I think it was 12) works better with betas, and also that you should try setting the VM to 6.5-7.x compatibility mode. Try that.
please ignore my username i was 10.

anonymous74

Re: Is there a way to get VMware Tools installed on Windows Longhorn build 5231?

Post by anonymous74 »

Try to find an older version of vmware TOOLS. I've heard before that that works on certain builds. Not sure about Post-Reset builds but try the 6.5-7x version of VMware tools. You should be able to find it easily online.
I collect old laptops and mess with old software.

Check out my website for vintage computer reference information, info on my collection, and more!

My projects are currently on indefinite hiatus due to lack of motivation. See my past ones here: https://www.betaarchive.com/wiki/index. ... nonymous74

mrfunnylaughs

Post by mrfunnylaughs »

MrTechNews123 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:15 pm
I wouldn't know, however I did read somewhere that an older version of VMware (I think it was 12) works better with betas, and also that you should try setting the VM to 6.5-7.x compatibility mode. Try that.
Well, this build works fine on newer versions of VMware Workstation, however you'll need version 11 or older in order to get DWM to function properly. Also, you're meant to set it to either 6.x or 5.x, not 6.5-7.x.

Windows8.1rocks

Post by Windows8.1rocks »

https://archive.org/details/TheUltimate ... etaArchive

Use the above link. Despite the Name, it works on builds as early as Neptune 5111.1.