Windows 8 dev preview as the main os

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
ImSwordKing

Windows 8 dev preview as the main os

Post by ImSwordKing »

is it possible to use windows 8 developer preview as a main os? do programs crash like milestone 2?

scutterbrisk

Re: Windows 8 dev preview as the main os

Post by scutterbrisk »

well, i wouldnt recommend using a beta as a main OS, for one thing, programs don't crash like on milestone 2, but not everything is going to work, especially if it requires newer .net because .net is usually an update and yeah, don't.

mrfunnylaughs

Post by mrfunnylaughs »

..why would you want to use it as your main os?

jeff69dini
Permanently Banned

Post by jeff69dini »

ImSwordKing wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:28 pm
is it possible to use windows 8 developer preview as a main os? do programs crash like milestone 2?
I get where u come from, unfortunately people dont help you in these forums, only make fun of you, even though its all about betas ans such and having fun with them

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

Sorry, but using a 10 years old beta as your main operating system does not count as having fun with betas at all. In fact, it's the exact opposite of that. Playing the victim won't change the fact it is absolutely irresponsible.

Old betas belong in a VM. They are buggy, vulnerable and often incompatible with up-to-date versions of most software, which only begs for trouble if you use them for more serious purposes.

If you really want to use a beta as your main operating system, join the insider program and download whatever the latest build is.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

ImSwordKing

Post by ImSwordKing »

mrfunnylaughs wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:15 pm
..why would you want to use it as your main os?
i wanted to try every version of windows after vista even betas as a week but everyone suggested to not do that so i will stay with retail versions.

ljcool2006

Post by ljcool2006 »

It's best to use it on a virtual machine rather than using it on your main PC.

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

jeff69dini wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:33 pm
ImSwordKing wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:28 pm
I get where u come from, unfortunately people dont help you in these forums, only make fun of you, even though its all about betas ans such and having fun with them
I don't see evidence of that. And if you have a legitimate issue there, please let a mod or admin know - we don't tolerate rudeness here. However making false statements isn't tolerated either.

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

Also I don't get the point of the topic. P.S: don't make topics about "Windows beta X as the main os", they are rarely useful.