My feedback on the new update

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

My feedback on the new update

Post by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN »

Alright.

I have a few problems with this update.

-Inconsistency between the home page and the forum page (something to note; doesn’t necessarily need to be updated).

-I can’t view the last poster in each board from the board index.

-I can’t view who started the topic on my phone without going into the topic itself.

-I can’t view how many views a topic has gotten.

-There isn’t any text under the icons at the top of the page on my phone.

Most of these issues are mobile-oriented.

Other than that, pretty good update.

Also load times are 3-4 seconds longer on 2G than they were before. Not that big of a deal, just something I noticed.
DV
Go check me out on YouTube!

mrpijey wrote:Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

Andy
Administrator

Re: My feedback on the new update

Post by Andy »

The site inconsistency will be fixed in the coming weeks as I get time to update the templates.

You can view the last poster on each board from the index on desktop, but not on mobile due to the way it removes things to fit the mobile screen.

Author and views is also a mobile limitation due to restricted space. You can still see this if you go into the topic. There's not much I can do when there isn't much space to work with unfortunately. I may be able to add views next to the reply count.

The icons having no text is expected, again, due to restricted space. I know, it's not ideal, but it was that or require the use of JavaScript for a drop down menu (slower).

Load time will be slower due to phpBB3.3's use of JavaScript and web fonts. The JavaScript isn't a requirement for the site and it will work without it. You can block or disable it if you want to. Unfortunately there's only so much we can do for 2G connections, which are now becoming increasingly less common so catering to them is less of a priority.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see what we can do to improve the site.