FTP shrunk to about 66 TB?

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
silasqwerty1

FTP shrunk to about 66 TB?

Post by silasqwerty1 »

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here, but I noticed the FTP has shrunk by over 30 TB. Is this due to new compression or organization or the like, or is it due to a purge of content or the like?

Winins

Re: FTP shrunk to about 66 TB?

Post by Winins »

Different languages of builds have been compressed in small svf files.
You have never seen Windows like this!
FREE Windows 3.2!
Shareware featuring an upgrade for pre-existing Windows 3.1 users and BONUS PACK
Distributed freely by PC World. March 1996

silasqwerty1

Post by silasqwerty1 »

Alright, thank you!

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

I believe recently mrpijey found a huge flaw with DiscImageCreator and as a result, the dumps aren't properly preserved as it's missing data. As a result, the FTP have a large amount of broken releases. For these releases, the original contributors will have to redump them. But I'm not sure if these broken releases were already taken down.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

gtgamer468 wrote:I believe recently mrpijey found a huge flaw with DiscImageCreator and as a result, the dumps aren't properly preserved as it's missing data. As a result, the FTP have a large amount of broken releases. For these releases, the original contributors will have to redump them. But I'm not sure if these broken releases were already taken down.
This is not relevant to the size decrease tho as all releases are still on the FTP. The decrease is because of delta patching of a lot of Windows ISOs, nothing more.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP