Intel Deletes Thousands of Downloads

New news and release discussion.
MrBurgerKing

Intel Deletes Thousands of Downloads

Post by MrBurgerKing »

Intel is deleting thousands of drivers, BIOS updates, and other software from the 90s all the way up some of 2014's Haswell products. They've been pruning the site since December late 2019.
If you have any Intel products, download and save the software for them now.
If you are looking to buy any Intel products 5 years old or older, make sure the drivers are available for download from a reputable source.
Edit: Corrected date
Last edited by MrBurgerKing on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exemptus

Re: Intel Deletes Thousands of Downloads

Post by Exemptus »

Intel has been deleting end-of-life products from their available downloads since at least twenty years ago on a rolling basis. This is well on the record. I fail to see how this is different now?

MrBurgerKing

Post by MrBurgerKing »

It might be different by location. When I perform the search you linked from the USA, pretty much all of the search results say "This download, [download], will no longer be available after [September/October/November/December] 2019".
Removing downloads for eol'd products is a new practice for intel. I was able to download drivers for a Slot A motherboard and a Q33 motherboard a month ago, and can confirm that (at least for USA) they kept downloads for eol'd products avaliable until recently.

Most manufactuers have kept downloads for pre-2000s legacy products available ie AMD, Asus, Dell, EVGA, IBM, Lenovo, MSI, etc...
Intel used to be really good about supporting their products. Now they're one of the worst, deleting software for products as new as 4 years old. Additionally, old versions of software for supproted products are gone.

This is a PSA to save drivers for your Intel products, since they are no longer easily available.

vlad557776

Post by vlad557776 »

I think I had some drivers laying in my archives. I'll try to find a place to submit them soon (if they are Intel ones).

EDIT: Nah, no Intel ones. Sorry.
The developer of Win1 Packet - https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 59&t=40233
The developer of IM1024 INSTALL.BAT Patch: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 59&t=40317

Exemptus

Post by Exemptus »

Hmm. We may both be right. Investigating a bit more it looks like they have indeed started a recent purge policy in earnest. Support of old products notwithstanding, they had definitely been deleting some of the old drivers and firmware since 2001 (I know from experience) but by no means *all* EOL products, just a few. Now it looks like they have cranked the dial on this to the max for some reason and announced it. So yes, this is definitely something new.

Arsoy

Post by Arsoy »

Intel used to be really good about supporting their products. Now they're one of the worst, deleting software for products as new as 4 years old. Additionally, old versions of software for supproted products are gone.