Do you accept Windows XP Pro SP3 x86 (German) ISO?

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
I have not a name

Do you accept Windows XP Pro SP3 x86 (German) ISO?

Post by I have not a name »

Hello, I have a ISO. It's properties are:
Version: Professional
Service Pack: SP3
Architecture: x86
Language: German
Filename: de_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-80444.iso

I want the FTP access. Do you accept this ISO file? If you accept this I will upload it.
I have not a name

Lucas Brooks

Re: Do you accept Windows XP Pro SP3 x86 (German) ISO?

Post by Lucas Brooks »

That look like an MSDN ISO and it will not be accepted. All MSDN downloads are not accepted. You need to dump something from an actual disc and scan that disc at 600+ DPI to get FTP access.

I have not a name

Does BetaArchive accept Pirated ISOs? I have some Windows builds, but pirated. I've downloaded from elsewhere.
Reason: I need Windows Server 2012 R2 Build 9431 English Full GUI ISO. But everywhere showed me RTM versions. I want beta version, not RTM or latest version. Also I couldn't find it on torrent.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

I have not a name wrote:Does BetaArchive accept Pirated ISOs? I have some Windows builds, but pirated. I've downloaded from elsewhere.
Reason: I need Windows Server 2012 R2 Build 9431 English Full GUI ISO. But everywhere showed me RTM versions. I want beta version, not RTM or latest version. Also I couldn't find it on torrent.
You can only get FTP access for stuff that you physically own. Not to mention that with 99% certainty we already have the builds anyway.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

I have not a name

AlphaBeta wrote:
I have not a name wrote:Does BetaArchive accept Pirated ISOs? I have some Windows builds, but pirated. I've downloaded from elsewhere.
You can only get FTP access for stuff that you physically own. Not to mention that with 99% certainty we already have the builds anyway.
OK, I understand. It's very hard or impossible. I will try to find alternative sites. Or I will just give up. Thank you. :(

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

I have not a name wrote:OK, I understand. It's very hard or impossible. I will try to find alternative sites. Or I will just give up. Thank you. :(
Surely it's not that hard to find a disc in a thrift store or something for a buck or two...?

I have not a name

AlphaBeta wrote:
I have not a name wrote:OK, I understand. It's very hard or impossible. I will try to find alternative sites. Or I will just give up. Thank you. :(
Surely it's not that hard to find a disc in a thrift store or something for a buck or two...?
I thought, I will create my own operating system from zero for FTP access. If I customize Windows XP ISO files with nLite, Can BetaArchive accept that? For example: Adding SATA drivers to this ISO file I have. If not, I will give up anyways.

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

I have not a name wrote:I thought, I will create my own operating system from zero for FTP access.
Very doubtful. Creating a useful operating system (with a team of one!) is a herculean task. We're also not interested in preserving community software; only commercial, or open source software that is sold commercially.
I have not a name wrote:If I customize Windows XP ISO files with nLite, Can BetaArchive accept that? For example: Adding SATA drivers to this ISO file I have. If not, I will give up anyways.
I certainly hope your slipstreamed Windows XP isn't your idea of a from-the-ground-up OS. We don't want it either.

I have not a name

user99672 wrote:
I have not a name wrote:I thought, I will create my own operating system from zero for FTP access.
Very doubtful. Creating a useful operating system (with a team of one!) is a herculean task. We're also not interested in preserving community software; only commercial, or open source software that is sold commercially.
I have not a name wrote:If I customize Windows XP ISO files with nLite, Can BetaArchive accept that? For example: Adding SATA drivers to this ISO file I have. If not, I will give up anyways.
I certainly hope your slipstreamed Windows XP isn't your idea of a from-the-ground-up OS. We don't want it either.
Then I'm giving up. I don't have any build physically my one.

Winins

Post by Winins »

You have never seen Windows like this!
FREE Windows 3.2!
Shareware featuring an upgrade for pre-existing Windows 3.1 users and BONUS PACK
Distributed freely by PC World. March 1996

I have not a name

Winins wrote:https://ebay.com
If you want me to buy Windows X, I have not any money. Sorry.

Winins

Post by Winins »

Ask your friends, or teachers (I have got my copy of Vista from my teacher)
You have never seen Windows like this!
FREE Windows 3.2!
Shareware featuring an upgrade for pre-existing Windows 3.1 users and BONUS PACK
Distributed freely by PC World. March 1996

mibrab

Post by mibrab »

Note that FTP contributions don't have to be betas or operating systems. Any commercially sold software is accepted
Also known as Cvolton elsewhere...

I have not a name

mibrab wrote:Note that FTP contributions don't have to be betas or operating systems. Any commercially sold software is accepted
Can I upload pirated or trial software?

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

I have not a name wrote:
mibrab wrote:Note that FTP contributions don't have to be betas or operating systems. Any commercially sold software is accepted
No. It has to be an original disc that you physically own.

I have not a name

AlphaBeta wrote:
I have not a name wrote:
No. It has to be an original disc that you physically own.
I don't have any original software. Some of them are trial and some of them are pirated. :(

soulman
Donator

Post by soulman »

I have not a name wrote: I don't have any original software. Some of them are trial and some of them are pirated. :(
Guess it sucks to be you? I imagine it's not hard to earn a few euros and head on to eBay if you really want FTP access. If you can't muster that up, there are plenty of free resources out there like WinWorldPC.

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Personally, I would prefer to donate a few bucks to get FTP access rather than buying some useless crappy old software that gets thrown out the second day. Donations won't even grant people FTP access so the only option would be to dig up old stuff from your garage and basement if you cannot afford anything. There are countries with almost no thrift stores so not an option for some people.

I basically dumped all my discs and floppies as folder dumps a few years ago as they were becoming less common. This pretty much ruined all the stuff I owned (including a full set of Adobe CS3 and Office 2007). For the floppies I still have, they are no longer original because over 90% of them were victims of the IHC signature. I guess most ordinary people do not have the knowledge of how to properly use, back up and preserve software back in the days so it is not that strange to have nothing to offer today.

The reason I hate buying something for 5 bucks off eBay is the fact that shipping costs ~25 bucks and it really doesn't worth it.

I have not a name

Level69chad wrote:
I have not a name wrote: I don't have any original software. Some of them are trial and some of them are pirated. :(
Guess it sucks to be you? I imagine it's not hard to earn a few euros and head on to eBay if you really want FTP access. If you can't muster that up, there are plenty of free resources out there like WinWorldPC.
WinWorldPC doesn't have Windows XP or newer (excluding Windows Longhorn only). I need Windows Server 2012 R2 Build 9431 Full GUI English ISO file. How I can download from WinWorldPC? Give me other alternative.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

You have already been given all the options you need. You'll either have to put some effort into it and get access (it is not difficult, and from what I read it seems you just don't want to put any effort in), or you will have to find your requested stuff elsewhere.

We deal with preservation here, and to get access to everything other members uploaded you have to provide a little piece of your own. It's that simple.

Once you find something that can be provided get in touch with me or post an offer in the proper section and we'll take a look at it.

Thank you.

Topic locked.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP