BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 59d, 23h, 41m | CPU: 10% | MEM: 5018MB of 12191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Memphis 1691 problem in VMware Player        Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:38 am 

Hey all,
Title says it all, really. Currently I'm working on migrating some of my virtual machines from Virtual PC to VMWare Player (of course, Windows 10 doesn't like Virtual PC 2007...) and I've run into a problem installing audio drivers for Memphis build 1691. I have another Windows 98 (RTM) virtual machine and while I was able to get the audio drivers up and running on there, I can't in Memphis 1691 without it blue-screening.
I've tried using the Creative AudioPCI drivers for Windows 98, but that would result in a BSoD every time. I also tried using the Sound Blaster AudioPCI 64V drivers which usually work in Windows 95, but that didn't work either.

Any help? I'm honestly at a loss here. Thanks in advance!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Memphis 1691 problem in VMware Player        Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:17 pm 

Favourite OS
Favorite*
Don’t use VMWare, use 86-Box or PCem. They emulate the actual hardware rather than just saying your computer is that.

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Memphis 1691 problem in VMware Player        Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:44 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 10 17134
DVINTHEHOUSEMAN wrote:
Don’t use VMWare, use 86-Box or PCem. They emulate the actual hardware rather than just saying your computer is that.

I recommend VMware only from Beta 2 and above, there I have tried and it works whenever you disable ACPI. Under Beta 1 I recommend VirtualBox, with ACPI disabled and Hyper-V virtualization mode. This is how I tried the betas.

mrjoey98 wrote:
Hey all,
I've tried using the Creative AudioPCI drivers for Windows 98, but that would result in a BSoD every time. I also tried using the Sound Blaster AudioPCI 64V drivers which usually work in Windows 95, but that didn't work either.

About the audio:

I recommend that you download VMware Tweaker. Search on Google.

Download it, open it and put the virtual machine to modify. Go to "Sound & Video", put "Change Sound Setting", "Custom Sound Configuration" and then "sb16 - Sound Blaster". Then check the two boxes below.

And that way you will have audio. Remember that after the configuration, you must install it on the Windows system. It comes included, just go to Control Panel.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Memphis 1691 problem in VMware Player        Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:54 am 

Favourite OS
Windows XP Pro SP3
AndreMor wrote:
Under Beta 1 I recommend VirtualBox, with ACPI disabled and Hyper-V virtualization mode. This is how I tried the betas.

I don't really think Win9x needs Hyper-V... :o

Code:
import this

Instagram | DeviantArt

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Memphis 1691 problem in VMware Player        Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:28 am 

Favourite OS
Favorite*
...use 86-Box emulating these specs:
AMI WinBIOS 486
486 DX4 @100MHz
64MB of RAM
S3 Trio64
Sound Blaster 16 or AWE32

It’ll work much better than VMware, trust me.

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

Top  Profile