[Offer] Destruction Derby 2 Matrox OEM.

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
anakin94
Donator

[Offer] Destruction Derby 2 Matrox OEM.

Post by anakin94 »

Hi,
I have two Destruction Derby 2 CD's, these where bundled with the Matrox Mystique videocard.
One is with a Monster Trucks Beta Demo.
Booth Readme's on the disc's says Destruction Derby 2 v.1.01.

If you accept this for the FTP, i will upload a Testscan.
Then you can check it if it's ok, because my scanner is bad.

Anakin94

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [Offer] Destruction Derby 2 Matrox OEM.

Post by mrpijey »

Yes, both of these would be of interest!
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

anakin94
Donator

Post by anakin94 »

Here is a testscan.
I didn't wrote on the disc, these lines are on the surface on my scanner.
I cleaned it with alcohol pads, but it doesn't help.
If you think the quality is ok, then i will try it straight and without cropped borders.
This is long time ago that i scanned something.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

It's fine, just be sure you follow the scanning guidelines properly regarding resolution and borders, and don't do any editing of the scans afterwards.

anakin94
Donator

Post by anakin94 »

Ok these are the final scans, which i want to upload with the Discimages.
I'm very sorry for that lines. :(

Disc with Monster Trucks
ImageImage

Disc without Monster Trucks
ImageImage

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Looks ok. Some discs are a bit dirty though, be sure to clean the scanner and discs before scanning. And make sure all post-processing in the software is turned off.

Of course I can't check the final quality until you've uploaded the scans, but from this it looks fine.

anakin94
Donator

Post by anakin94 »

I already did it.
I cleaned more times the disc's with cotton and the scanner with alcohol pads.
More is not possible.
Yes all options are disabled and DPI is set to 600.

anakin94
Donator

Post by anakin94 »

I redone from the first disc the inner ring and from the second the disc and the inner ring.
Hope that is better.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Yeah it looks good. I will check out the final scans once everything has been uploaded to the FTP.

Thanks.

anakin94
Donator

Post by anakin94 »

Ok, i'm finished.
Please check if it's correct and inform me please. :)

anakin94
Donator

Post by anakin94 »

I saw my files on the FTP, it seems that it was correct uploaded.
I could offer these too, tell me which from them of interest.

Scorched Planet and Mech Warrior 2, booth where bundled also with the Matrox Mystique.

I don't know with which videocard the left Incoming CD was bundled, but it can be the Guillemot MaxiGamer 3D2 (3Dfx Voodoo2), or the nVidia Riva 128.
The compiledate is (1997-10-22)
The Incoming disc on the right side was bundled with the Creative 3D Blaster (3Dfx Voodoo2) and the compiledate is (1998-06-16).
POD (Planet of Death) OEM 2.0 (1997-01-13), also i don't have a info where this was bundled.
The Nascar Racing 2 with Track Pack and a PDF Manual says German, but the game is in english.
Only the Installmenu is in German.
It offers a Nascar Racing 1 Patch, the Nascar Racing 2 3Dfx Beta Patch and the Nascar Racing 2 1.03 Patch, but the game is also 1.03 after installing it.
There are 3 game Demos Grand Prix Legends, Viper Racing 2.0 and Nascar Pinball.
The compiledate is (1998-12-15)
The last disc i can offer, is the bundled disc from the Orchid Righteous 3D (3Dfx Voodoo1) accelerator.
It contains Fatal Racing 3D (With 3Dfx Glide API), i'm sure from this was taken the exe file from the known 3Dfx Patch for the Retail version of the game, but this here requieres the CD to run.
The 3Dfx version does not have the analog hud.
And the CD does not offers Redbook-Audio, you can only use the MIDI audio.
The disc includes Actua Soccer: Semifinals 3D too, but i've never tested it.
The compiledate is (1996-09-17).

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

All of them would be of interest as they are all full games, and even more so since some are special editions with enhanced graphics etc.

anakin94
Donator

Post by anakin94 »

Finished, hope all is ok.

anakin94
Donator

Post by anakin94 »

mrpijey, have some questions.
I've uploaded yesterday the disc's.

1.Why was my upload renamed to "MechWarrior 2 (1.1) (Matrox Mystique Edition) (1996-07-31) [English] [Matrox OEM]"?
I uploaded it as "MechWarrior 2 (1.1) (1996-12-06) [English] [Matrox OEM]"
The files on the disc are younger than 1996-07-31 how they were renamed.

And the old 1.0 version which was uploaded at 2018, is renamed too.
"MechWarrior 2 (1.1) (Matrox Mystique Edition) (1996-07-31) [English] [Matrox OEM] (alt)"
At first to the date, the disc also have younger files than 1996-07-31.

My disc 1.1 was bundled in 1997 with the Matrox Mystique and the old 1.0 uploaded disc in 1996.
You can also see at the print of my disc, it has the 1.1 font on it, the old one not.

2.Why was this "Scorched Planet (1996) [Multilanguage] [Matrox OEM]" renamed too?
It was "Scorched Planet (1996-07-27) [Multilanguage] [Matrox OEM]"

3.And why is the Mechwarrior 2 the only release with a "(Matrox Mystique Edition)" tag?
I had uploaded the Destruction Derby 2 disc's, also with this and they where renamed without this tag.
All Matrox disc's that i uploaded where bundled with the Matrox Mystique.

4.I can't see the other disc's on the Ftp, where they not ok?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

1: I did a quick check and both discs looked identical, so I renamed it as such. But doing a hash check there were some minor differences, so I've renamed them again. The old one is however dated 1996-08-23 which is newer than yours (which is 1996-07-31). Since we don't have any actual build numbers of the game or proper ISO creation dates I will have to go on file dates, which makes yours older than the previous one. The 1.1 designation, I am not sure if it's the game version or just the OEM disc version, but since your disc specifically says 1.1 I've kept it in your release. I am guessing this is the OEM disc version and therefore should be in the OEM designation and not game title. This may change if we get more info about these special releases.

2: The disc header may say 1996-07-27, but the files inside actually are newer, 1996-08-23 at newest. Since we don't have a proper creation date I shorten it to the year as I usually do with games unless circumstances requires a full date.

3: The Mech Warrior discs says "Enhanced for Matrox Mystique" specifically, therefore the "Matrox Mystique Edition" tag. The Destruction Derby discs have no such text on them. They may have been bundled with one, but perhaps not created specifically for the Mystique, at least not obviously so.

4: They are not processed yet. I am not a 24/7 robot, I do need sleep every now and then :). They will be processed in due time.

Thanks.

anakin94
Donator

Post by anakin94 »

Thank you for your fast reply.
1: I did a quick check and both discs looked identical, so I renamed it as such. But doing a hash check there were some minor differences, so I've renamed them again. The old one is however dated 1996-08-23 which is newer than yours (which is 1996-07-31). Since we don't have any actual build numbers of the game or proper ISO creation dates I will have to go on file dates, which makes yours older than the previous one. The 1.1 designation, I am not sure if it's the game version or just the OEM disc version, but since your disc specifically says 1.1 I've kept it in your release. I am guessing this is the OEM disc version and therefore should be in the OEM designation and not game title. This may change if we get more info about these special releases.
Check the file dates, my disc is newer, not the old one.
You can see that the latest files on my disc are from 1996-12-06.
Also from my disc the Mech2.exe is dated from 1996-11-15 (CRC32=E75A992F).

The Mech2.exe from the old disc is 1996-08-22 (CRC32=4E99B53F).

So they are not identical, the old one is 1.0.
Also Audiotrack24 is different.
The top waveform is from the old one, the bottom waveform is the newer one my disc.
but perhaps not created specifically for the Mystique, at least not obviously so.
This is totally wrong.
All Matrox discs that i have been uploaded where bundled with the and optimized for the Matrox Mystique videocard and the videocard is required.

This is the bundle: (Not my picture)

Destruction Derby 2:
Source:http://web.archive.org/web/199612230118 ... b/news.htm
Matrox first to bring hardware accelerated Destruction Derby TM 2 to the PC Exclusive bundle with Matrox Mystique® until January 1997

Montreal, Canada — Destruction Derby 2 makes its awaited debut on the PC platform with a special hardware accelerated version exclusively bundled with the Matrox Mystique until January 1997. Harnessing the cutting edge 3D technology of the Matrox Mystique, Destruction Derby 2 from Psygnosis explodes on the PC at exceptionally high frame rates with richly detailed textures.

"Destruction Derby 2 runs very well on the Matrox Mystique," says Martin Edmondson Head of Reflections, developers of Destruction Derby 2. "The Mystique's powerful 3D engine delivers the full arcade experience of Destruction Derby 2 to today's PC gamers."

Destruction Derby 2 takes full advantage of the Matrox Mystique's unique scatter gather PCI bus mastering capabilities, allowing maximal graphics processing to deliver high frame rates at a high quality level. With Mystique's support of higher resolutions, color depths and refresh rates, the hardware accelerated Destruction Derby 2 runs at four times the software resolution, achieving full frame rate at 640 x 400 in 65,000 colors. The game also benefits from the Matrox Mystique's support for both CLUT 4 and CLUT 8 texture compression, making maximal use of the Mystique's frame buffer space, and allowing it to use more texture details to enhance quality.

"The PC version of Destruction Derby 2 uses stunning artwork and remarkable detail levels," said Dan Wood, Senior Product Manager for Matrox. "By using CLUT 4 and CLUT 8 textures for every texture map in the game, Destruction Derby 2 takes full advantage of the Mystique's advanced technology to deliver a highly immersive game play experience."

This exclusive hardware accelerated version of Destruction Derby 2 also uses the Mystique's ability to apply depth-cued lighting to texture mapped objects like smashed fenders and crumpled engine hoods, as well as spotlight effects in the night driving tracks, while maintaining full rendering speed.

A Montreal-based graphics chip designer and board manufacturer, Matrox Graphics Inc. is a leader in the graphics industry. Matrox was the first to introduce a 64-bit graphics engine for the PC market with its MGA Series, which has received over 130 international awards since 1993. With 20 years of experience, Matrox continues to offer leading edge solutions at the best price/performance.

November 14, 1996
4. I'm sorry, i was scared that i've doing something wrong.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

As I said in my last post, I did see differences when reviewing it again which is why I renamed them again. The differences are not many, but there are some. The newest date on your disc I could find was 1996-12-06 so I've renamed it to that.

Your other discs will be processed later today.

Thanks.

anakin94
Donator

Post by anakin94 »

Thank you. :)