Might've digged up an old development logo

Discuss OS X and OS X Server.
Raritize

Might've digged up an old development logo

Post by Raritize »

I was rummaging through the old bootloader source code for Rhapsody and found a piece of code that was commented out of an older boot logo. It looks something like this: Image

Wasn't sure if this was discovered or anything yet, it can be found in \boot\ppc\SecondaryLoader\logo.c in the Darwin 0.1 sources.

louisw3

Re: Might've digged up an old development logo

Post by louisw3 »

Never noticed it. There is so much hidden in those old builds... NRW specs and other stuff too.
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer

Neptruo314

Post by Neptruo314 »

Nice find! Wonder what they would even do with that logo. A next port to the darwin kernel?
louisw3 wrote:Never noticed it. There is so much hidden in those old builds... NRW specs and other stuff too.
There's a bunch of leftovers and other stuff in Copland, too. StartUpTestLib is one example.
Offtopic Comment
Can someone send what the original StartUpTestLib image looked like? Googling it doesn't help either.
Image Media Center for Windows XP requires you to purchase MCE edition. Or alternatively just get an unofficial hybrid of Pro and MCE.

Dandu

Post by Dandu »

It's the icon : Image

rbshep

Post by rbshep »

Wasn't sure if this was discovered or anything yet, it can be found in \boot\ppc\SecondaryLoader\logo.c in the Darwin 0.1 sources.
I've found a /boot/ppc/SecondaryLoader/ directory in https://archive.org/download/darwin_0.1/boot-1.tar.gz, but i can't see a file called 'logo.c'. Which tarball is this file stored in?

I'm wondering if it's in CHRP OS Badge format, if so i'd be quite tempted to set it as the OF boot pic on one of my newworld PPC's for at least one of the NeXT based OS's ;)

Raritize

Post by Raritize »

rbshep wrote:
I've found a /boot/ppc/SecondaryLoader/ directory in https://archive.org/download/darwin_0.1/boot-1.tar.gz, but i can't see a file called 'logo.c'. Which tarball is this file stored in?

I'm wondering if it's in CHRP OS Badge format, if so i'd be quite tempted to set it as the OF boot pic on one of my newworld PPC's for at least one of the NeXT based OS's ;)
Ah, sorry. icon.c, not logo.c