Copy protected games

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
Askavenger

Copy protected games

Post by Askavenger »

Hi,
I'm familiar with Redump, came here because I realized that some games require different format (MDS, MDF etc,) to be playable. I want to submit my games that have Safedisc, Securom, TAGES. My question is, what settings do I need to put in Alcohol 120%. I've already sold some of my games that had these protections and I want to do this before I let go more of my games.
Thanks.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Copy protected games

Post by mrpijey »

Unless your drive supports DIC just use A120% with the generic protection mode, and use DPM.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Askavenger

Post by Askavenger »

Hi, yes I have a plextor drive and the games are already dumped in .bin format. The reason I joined this place is to submit the MDF/MDS. I think for some of those protections I need to use Alcohol 120 for the DPM so that it can be playable. <- Am I right on that?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

If you have a compatible Plextor drive then DIC is the tool you should be using to dump all these copy protected games, as DIC will deal properly with them. But if you can't use DIC then A120% is correct.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

skywalker06
Donator

Post by skywalker06 »

Alcohol 120% includes a program called data-type analzyer (or something like that) in Alcohol's programs menu, scan the disc with that and it will tell you what profile to select in image making wizard