Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
nherman87

Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Post by nherman87 »

I've been trying to upload a build of Windows to the upload FTP server so I can gain access to the main one. (There are some Windows builds I'd like to download from there.) Problem is, I got disconnected from the upload FTP while the file was uploading. I have very slow upload speed (about 100 Kbs) so it would've taken about nine hours to upload. Here's part of the log for more information:

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Nathan\Downloads\10.0.18975.1000.rs_prerelease.190830-1502_amd64fre_client-professional_oem-retail_en-us.7z
Error: GnuTLS error -110 in gnutls_record_recv: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Error: Could not read from socket: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Error: Disconnected from server
Command: CWD /Etcetera/nherman87
Response: 250 CWD command successful. "/Etcetera/nherman87" is current directory.
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/Etcetera/nherman87" is current directory.
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I.
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (94,130,67,140,4,2)
Command: STOR 10.0.18975.1000.rs_prerelease.190830-1502_amd64fre_client-professional_oem-retail_en-us.7z
Response: 150 Data connection accepted from 50.40.205.74:57503; transfer starting for /Etcetera/nherman87/10.0.18975.1000.rs_prerelease.190830-1502_amd64fre_client-professional_oem-retail_en-us.7z
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: File transfer failed after transferring 25,444,352 bytes in 246 seconds
Status: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known".
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...
Status: TLS connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Nathan\Downloads\10.0.18975.1000.rs_prerelease.190830-1502_amd64fre_client-professional_oem-retail_en-us.7z
Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/Etcetera/nherman87"...
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I.
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (94,130,67,140,4,20)
Command: MLSD
Response: 150 Data connection accepted from 50.40.205.74:57734; transfer starting.
Response: 226 Directory Listing Transfe
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (94,130,67,140,3,254)
Command: STOR 10.0.18975.1000.rs_prerelease.190830-1502_amd64fre_client-professional_oem-retail_en-us.7z
Response: 550 Cannot STOR. No permission.
Error: Critical file transfer error

Any help would be appreciated.

Lucas Brooks

Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Use RAR file next time.

MCpillager12

Post by MCpillager12 »

7z is also supported.

JonathonWyble

Post by JonathonWyble »

What would file formats have to do with disconnection from the FTP server? Maybe it's the fact that you're trying to upload a very large file? If so, then yes, you should archive your file in the .rar or .7z format before you upload it to the FTP.

MCpillager12

Post by MCpillager12 »

He already archived it as 7z

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

Apparently your connection is not good enough to keep the upload going. Try to upload the file to MEGA or other file host and send mrpijey a link. Don't waste your time and bandwidth uploading Windows 10 Insider Preview builds, since these are uploaded to the FTP automatically as soon as they are released, not to mention that beta builds are not eligible for FTP access applications anyway.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

MCpillager12

Post by MCpillager12 »

The problem has been solved, because 18975 (x64) has been uploaded.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

The problem was not solved, the build has already been uploaded by me. There are no permission problems with uploading 7z files, but if you have issues uploading you can either use a third party uploading service (Mega etc) or get in touch with me directly and we can discuss other alternatives.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

pittical

Post by pittical »

Or simply have rar or 7z split the archive into, say, 50mb chunks and you'll only have to reupload any failed ones. Just like in the good old unstable-modem-connection- and servers-not-supporting-resume-days.

Though Mega etc have the advantage of being available to non FTP users too, which is nice.

nherman87

Post by nherman87 »

mrpijey wrote:The problem was not solved, the build has already been uploaded by me. There are no permission problems with uploading 7z files, but if you have issues uploading you can either use a third party uploading service (Mega etc) or get in touch with me directly and we can discuss other alternatives.
That would work. I'm trying to upload something to get access to the FTP server so I can download the two Windows builds from rs_xbox. If Windows Insider builds don't get FTP access, what does that I can easily obtain?

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Anything on a physical floppy disk or CD you buy.

nherman87

Post by nherman87 »

Okay. Looks like I will either upload to another website (once I find something to upload) and give mrpijey a link or I'll upload files at my friend's house. Thanks for the help!

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

ComputerHunter wrote:Anything on a physical floppy disk or CD you buy.
Definitely not anything.
nherman87 wrote:
mrpijey wrote:The problem was not solved, the build has already been uploaded by me. There are no permission problems with uploading 7z files, but if you have issues uploading you can either use a third party uploading service (Mega etc) or get in touch with me directly and we can discuss other alternatives.
That would work. I'm trying to upload something to get access to the FTP server so I can download the two Windows builds from rs_xbox. If Windows Insider builds don't get FTP access, what does that I can easily obtain?
Please see https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 02#p431802. It could be something that you (luckily) have that we don't.

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Definitely not anything.
ComputerHunter wrote:Anything on a physical floppy disk or CD you buy.

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

Not sure why the "you buy" part is emphasized here. The requirements speak of types of content that is acceptable, not how it was obtained.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Everything software you buy through normal means are retail ones and if they were sold on physical media, they will be accepted. Can you think of something you buy (distributed on physical media) that won't be accepted (except for the few on the blacklist)?

DanielOosterhuis
Donator

Post by DanielOosterhuis »

ComputerHunter wrote:Everything software you buy through normal means are retail ones and if they were sold on physical media, they will be accepted. Can you think of something you buy (distributed on physical media) that won't be accepted (except for the few on the blacklist)?
Compilations, and shareware come to mind.
MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, 70-742)
MTA: 98-349, 98-365

ATeamInc

Post by ATeamInc »

DanielOosterhuis wrote:
ComputerHunter wrote:Everything software you buy through normal means are retail ones and if they were sold on physical media, they will be accepted. Can you think of something you buy (distributed on physical media) that won't be accepted (except for the few on the blacklist)?
Compilations, and shareware come to mind.
And warez... You can buy warez CDs and at least in my country, they're a lot more common then legitimate software CDs.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

You're all going vastly offtopic. Original topic has been discussed and solved.

Locked.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP