Different editions of Encarta

Discuss any beta and abandonware applications.
Kokutetsu

Different editions of Encarta

Post by Kokutetsu »

Hey there. I was digging through my towel pantry (don't ask) and found a copy of Encarta 2004 Reference Library DVD. I checked the database to see if this has been uploaded and found that someone had already put up the 2004 Standard edition. The Reference Library edition, from what I could tell, comes with some cool extras like videos. Would my copy still be considered unique enough to be a preservation candidate? The version numbers are the same so I thought I should ask. Thanks.

PS: When I scan the case art, could I just remove the sheet and scan as one big image (with no "sides", if you will) or do I have to scan each side as its own image?

gtgamer468

Re: Different editions of Encarta

Post by gtgamer468 »

This would certainly be acceptable. As for the scans, you can remove the sheet and scan that instead.

vintage.mn

Re: Different editions of Encarta

Post by vintage.mn »

This is what is listed inside FAQs:
Even if we have the title in our lists you may have a better copy so always double check or ask us if you are unsure. Titles of any age can be contributed, even those not considered being "Abandonware".

If you have an edition with more content, then I believe it would be beneficial to upload.