Question about Photoshop CS activation/deactivation

Discuss any beta and abandonware applications.
Videogamer555

Question about Photoshop CS activation/deactivation

Post by Videogamer555 »

Where does Adobe Photoshop CS (not CS2 or CS3 etc, just plain CS) store its activation info? Does it store it in a normal place like in a file or in the registry? Or more of a hidden place like alternate data streams, or maybe even in unallocated sectors on your harddrive? If I wanted to manually de-activate it, I would need to know where this info is stored, so I could remove. There appears to be no "deactivate" button in the software itself. Please tell me where Adobe stores its activation info. Thanks in advance.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Question about Photoshop CS activation/deactivation

Post by mrpijey »

Plenty of info on the net, have you tried them? A complete uninstall using the Adobe uninstaller works too.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1PR ... SwlRQ8Vw_E
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

But didn't he said that there isn't a deactivate button? This would apply if it's Lightroom he's talking about, but it's Photoshop, and that should have a button to deactivate. I'm not sure myself where is activation files are stored within Windows. It is possible that it's stored somewhere in the registry.

Videogamer555

Post by Videogamer555 »

gtgamer468 wrote:But didn't he said that there isn't a deactivate button? This would apply if it's Lightroom he's talking about, but it's Photoshop, and that should have a button to deactivate. I'm not sure myself where is activation files are stored within Windows. It is possible that it's stored somewhere in the registry.
I'm guessing they are in a location that is highly obfuscated.