Heretic Various Beta Screenshots i found on ftps

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
WhiteMagicRaven

Heretic Various Beta Screenshots i found on ftps

Post by WhiteMagicRaven »

Images removed by a moderator

Ask if you need more (interested?), rest need to be sized down because from magazines and jewelcase's (huge images, they already on web), i need to work on them.
Last edited by WhiteMagicRaven on Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MCpillager12

Re: Heretic Various Beta Screenshots i found on ftps

Post by MCpillager12 »

Please upload these to the screenshots gallery. To quote the screenshots gallery:
If you have any images or new galleries you wish to upload, please e-mail them to webmaster [at] betaarchive [dot] co.uk. Send them in a ZIP file, in PNG format only and with no watermarking. They will not be uploaded if they are not in this format.
Offtopic Comment
100th post! :OD

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Please use the BA Image Uploader in the future.
Offtopic Comment
Wait, it has been a long time but when I signed up, I don't think I was allowed to use the uploader nor can I send PMs and every post need to be submitted to a moderator (which all got rejected).

JonathonWyble

Post by JonathonWyble »

ComputerHunter wrote:
Please use the BA Image Uploader in the future.
The only reason the OP used another image uploading source other than the BA Image Uploader is because he's not eligable to use it yet, as you have to have at least 3 posts to have access to our image uploader.

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

The only reason the OP used another image uploading source other than the BA Image Uploader is because he's not eligable to use it yet, as you have to have at least 3 posts to have access to our image uploader.
Offtopic Comment
Yeah, that's right, 3 posts before your name turn black. Would it be nice if new users can use the image uploader? I've seen quite a few users use Imgbb and I usually reupload pictures using the image uploader for new users if the image is interesting. Also why can't moderators reupload images using the uploader as they are approving those posts?

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Alright, it is probably worth noting that the images with the alternate HUD (with the body armour image in the centre) are from the preview published in the Interactive Entertainment Issue No. 5, save for (apparently) the Iron Lich close-up shot.

The other shots show a minor difference in the HUD (the kills counter on the left and empty slots at the top corners of the kills and armour counters) not shown in the final game or in the official screenshot pack made by John Romero, but consistent with the HUD as shown on the back of the game box.

As far as I can tell, most if not all of these shots with the slightly different HUD can be found in this pack. As far as I can tell, this is official. The date stamps are from late September 1994 (Heretic shareware v1.0 came out on 21 December 1994).

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

ComputerHunter wrote:
Offtopic Comment
Yeah, that's right, 3 posts before your name turn black. Would it be nice if new users can use the image uploader? I've seen quite a few users use Imgbb and I usually reupload pictures using the image uploader for new users if the image is interesting. Also why can't moderators reupload images using the uploader as they are approving those posts?
All users if registered on the forum have access to the image uploader, they just can't use the PM system until they have 3 posts. Image uploading is possible though.

Edness
Donator

Post by Edness »

Andy wrote:All users if registered on the forum have access to the image uploader, they just can't use the PM system until they have 3 posts. Image uploading is possible though.
In that case, this text should be changed :p It's shown when you click on the image uploader when not logged in the forum
ATTENTION:
You are now reading my signature

Thank you for your attention!

JonathonWyble

Post by JonathonWyble »

Andy wrote:All users if registered on the forum have access to the image uploader, they just can't use the PM system until they have 3 posts. Image uploading is possible though.
Really? I remember when I had less than 3 posts, and I was never able to use the image uploader until I reached over 3 posts. But maybe that has changed since then? If that's the case, then I guess this part of the image uploader when not logged in to the forum should be removed:
[Click to enlarge]

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

I mean I could be wrong, it was a long time since it was set up, but I don't think it would have been beneficial to set it up that way otherwise it would hinder contributions to the site.

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

It can be changed. You can just remove the restriction yourself.