Labeling of Novell NetWare Releases

New news and release discussion.
Beluga

Labeling of Novell NetWare Releases

Post by Beluga »

As some of you know, I am pretty much into Novell NetWare. So there are two things that I thought of regarding the labeling of our releases:

1) All versions that I know of are labeled "NetWare" and not "Netware" as it is done on our server right now.

2) The Novell NetWare operating system is always in English. The only difference are the printed or digital manuals. So instead of tagging a release [German] we could tag it [German documentation].

This (quite non-original) release for example has Italian documentation on floppy discs: /(Abandonware) Operating Systems/PC/Other/Novell Netware 3.12 (3.5''-1.44MB)

Offtopic remark for all NetWare fans:

I just got hold of NetWare 4.0, the first NDS release! :) I think they did not sell too many of these back in the day and I have never seen it on the Internet, so I think this might be quite rare. I will make a release of this soon.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Labeling of Novell NetWare Releases

Post by mrpijey »

1: That can be changed, please make a report in the errata log.

2: The language tag is not always an indicator of the actual OS language, but also the edition language. So even if the OS is English but it comes in a packaging that is German, with German manuals it will be tagged as German.

And I look forward to NetWare 4.0 :).
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

It's been brought to my attention that there's more NetWare stuff to be found in old warez, including a beta of 4.0. Would that be of any interest to anyone here? If so, I can provide whatever I find.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

Beluga

Post by Beluga »

Sure! I am personally not that much into betas, but I guess a lot of people see that differently on this forum :)

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Overdoze wrote:It's been brought to my attention that there's more NetWare stuff to be found in old warez, including a beta of 4.0. Would that be of any interest to anyone here? If so, I can provide whatever I find.
Of course, if they are betas then they should be archived and preserved. Thanks.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP