[VIDEO] Start screen working in 7955 and 8032

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
BetaNewbie

[VIDEO] Start screen working in 7955 and 8032

Post by BetaNewbie »

gus33000 posted this video in BA discord server which demonstrates 7955 with RedPill enabled and working start screen.

Recently, Distort from BetaWiki discord server also managed to enable start screen in build 8032, and here is the video.

Last edited by BetaNewbie on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gus33000
Location: Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Re: [VIDEO] Start screen working in 7955 and 8032

Post by gus33000 »

If for you BA public discord channel equals a private communication channel then we've seen everything by now.
Besides no it isn't the first time, and if nobody can wait this won't ever get released either, especially with this amount of disinformation /misinformation.

BetaNewbie

Post by BetaNewbie »

gus33000 wrote:If for you BA public discord channel equals a private communication channel then we've seen everything by now.
Besides no it isn't the first time, and if nobody can wait this won't ever get released either, especially with this amount of disinformation /misinformation.
I am so sorry about that, since I haven't been in the BA discord server for a long time, I don't know that. I actually got the link to your video from a friend of a friend of a friend kind of thing...

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

Yeah this isn't really too new if you were a part of the BetaArchive and BetaWiki Discord servers. Gus was working on this for a while now with Distort recently making new progress.

However, I must emphasize what Gus said, as I've been finding myself on the BW Discord having to say this A LOT when people are talking about this particular project: Have some patience, please. To quote Shigeru Miyamoto; "A delayed game will eventually be a good one, a rushed game will forever be bad.” Just replace "game" with "program", and you'll see what I mean.

If we just wait and see while also being grateful that they are working on this in the first place along with sharing their progress, we will eventually get it. However, if we just keep harassing them with requests to release it RIGHT F***ING NOW, well, like what Gus said, "this won't ever get released either", and if they do buckle under the pressure and release it, it might be a rushed and incomplete piece of utter crap. In fact, I was once part of a community which is filled to the brim with impatient people who can get so desperate to get something that instead of having patience, they resort to doing ludicrous things, and it NEVER ends well. Nothing of value would get accomplished in this community (or any community, really) if people don't have patience.

I'm not saying that the OP is one of the "beggars", I'm just saying this as I know that plenty of people in this community are those types of people.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

BetaNewbie

Post by BetaNewbie »

To be clear, I am not here begging for more updates, I know it needs a huge amount of reverse-engineering and hacking, and it is hard.

Actually we tried to do it ourselves following Distort's early steps, so I know the work involved in here.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

Aw that fish background. Just something about it I really love.

May anyone know where this image is located? I remember seeing it in the 7989 login as well.

EDIT:
Found it in authui.dll if anyone wants it:
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

Gustav Vasa

Post by Gustav Vasa »

I think that gus33000 unlocked the start screen of 7955 a long time ago but the thing is that even Distort has been able to unlock the start screen of 7989 which by the way has also that "fishy" background. I remember when folks back in 2013, 2012, 2011 said that these builds didn't have a start screen at all, and even if one tried to unlock them in those builds he wouldn't be able to get anything. Well, as time has passed now we can see that it's not true...