Change Windows 2000 Advanced Server to Windows Powered logos

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Windows2020FAN

Change Windows 2000 Advanced Server to Windows Powered logos

Post by Windows2020FAN »

Hi, I want to know how to change the home screen and the banners in the login screens, the logo in the start menu and the winver logo so that instead of showing "Windows 2000 Advanced Server" it shows "Windows Powered". use reshacker or edit the resources of MSGINA.DLL among others!

There is a program called TweakNT that it is possible to change Advanced server to Datacenter server. But what things do you edit in the registry to tell me what that edition is? Since Powered does not appear in the list of editions.
Windows 2000 is the best operating system ever maked!!!

Kimberly5384

Re: Change Windows 2000 Advanced Server to Windows Powered l

Post by Kimberly5384 »

You can edit Shell32.DLL for the banner that shows up during startup, I believe, and you can also change the banner and build number that way as well.
Legends say if you read this signature, you'll come across good fortune. Lucky you!

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

There has been quite a bit of discussion about Windows Powered. Here's a couple of other topics about it:

https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 16&t=35500 (warning: I'm a bit cringy in this one, but it does include discussion over if some ISOs are legit or not.)
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 61&t=39131 (a more technical discussion on it, with a focus on how Windows 2000 handles branding and SKUs)
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

win32

Post by win32 »

Yes, replace the Advanced Server/Server Family bitmaps in msgina.dll and shell32.dll with those of Windows Powered. You can do the same with the boot screen in ntoskrnl.exe.

The start menu banner is in explorer.exe (along with ones for Windows 2000 Terminal (Server) and Windows 2000 Embedded)

Considering that Microsoft kept Windows Powered under wraps, I guess that TweakNT developers weren't aware of its existence.
What is the name of the application software guaranteed to make your computer faster?

Quicken.

Kimberly5384

Post by Kimberly5384 »

Hey, just a heads-up, if you want to do this with XP, the same methods work :)
There are also some icons you can change in explorer.exe if you need to
Legends say if you read this signature, you'll come across good fortune. Lucky you!

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

Cosmo wrote:You can edit Shell32.DLL for the banner that shows up during startup, I believe, and you can also change the banner and build number that way as well.
No. Login window stuff is solely in msgina.dll.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!