Longhorn 4093 activation problem

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Vaposhka

Longhorn 4093 activation problem

Post by Vaposhka »

I'm having a problem with the 4093 activation: I've replaced the winlogon and removed the timebomb, but after some time (30 days I think) it tells me that it's not activated and logs me off. I've also tried various XP activators and some registry hacks, but even if I make it display a "Windows is activated" window, the same thing happens after some time.

WILSON2bGg
Donator

Re: Longhorn 4093 activation problem

Post by WILSON2bGg »

It is a beta build, which isn't meant to be used a main os. Are you trying to use it as a main?
Hey what's up

SistemaRayoXP

Post by SistemaRayoXP »

WILSON2bGg wrote:It is a beta build, which isn't meant to be used a main OS. Are you trying to use it as a main?
Exactly where is he saying/suggesting that he's gonna use it as a main OS?

You may need TweakNT to remove the timebomb, and to "activate" the OS you need a tool included with TweakNT, I can't remember the name right now, but just search for TweakNT and search specifically for a ZIP, which should include this tool. Note that the tool is for activating NT5 OSes (XP/2000/2003) so it may or may not work (Since LH 4093 is based on XP code)

Vaposhka

Post by Vaposhka »

1) Of course I don't use it as the main OS, but it's quite frustrating to reset your virtual machine every month
2) In the first post I've explained that I've used all the activation tweaks, including tweakNT and winlogon replacement, the problem is that in this particular build activation is somehow broken and even when activated it's logging me off after a month or so

WILSON2bGg
Donator

Post by WILSON2bGg »

He doesn't but it seems like he might be trying it.
Hey what's up

SistemaRayoXP

Post by SistemaRayoXP »

WILSON2bGg wrote:He doesn't but it seems like he might be trying it.
Offtopic Comment
Even if he does it's his decision, and I don't think he's going to use it as a main OS, rather as a secondary OS

Samuka

Post by Samuka »

SistemaRayoXP wrote:
WILSON2bGg wrote:It is a beta build, which isn't meant to be used a main OS. Are you trying to use it as a main?

You may need TweakNT to remove the timebomb, and to "activate" the OS you need a tool included with TweakNT, I can't remember the name right now, but just search for TweakNT and search specifically for a ZIP, which should include this tool. Note that the tool is for activating NT5 OSes (XP/2000/2003) so it may or may not work (Since LH 4093 is based on XP code)
*is based on Server 2003 RC code

Vaposhka

Post by Vaposhka »

As I've already explained in the first post, I've already used tweakNT to remove the timebomb

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

I remember the way I got this build to work was to use an oddball mix of some beta AntiWpa, Winlogon Patch, and tweaknt. This all had been done prior to tripping the timebomb. If you can login with safe mode, you may be able to pull it off.

No I can't provide the antiwpa version. I neither have it anymore nor can I publicly say I have and will provide it. (forum policy)
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!