[REQUEST] ISOs Of Windows Vista in CD-ROM

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
SuriPolomareFan2003

[REQUEST] ISOs Of Windows Vista in CD-ROM

Post by SuriPolomareFan2003 »

Hello Everyone! I was wondering if you have ISOs of Windows Vista in CD-ROM, If you have it. Make ISOs of them. I seen pictures of Windows Vista on CD-ROM.

gtgamer468

Re: [REQUEST] ISOs Of Windows Vista in CD-ROM

Post by gtgamer468 »

I was able to find a 32-bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate edition in CD-ROM form. The only problem is that it's in the FTP server and I don't think you have access. Maybe you should contribute something to be able to get it. Due to forum rules, I can't share anything to members who don't have access.

Stannieman

Post by Stannieman »

Was Vista even released on CD-ROM? I know that the setup supports it and you can split install.wim yourself to make it happen, but I never know there was an official CD-ROM release.
If ur a pirate, say arrr!

pmein1

Post by pmein1 »

Apparently so in the FTP: …/Microsoft Windows Vista/6.0.6000.16386.vista_rtm.061101-2205_x86fre_client-ultimate_retail_en-us (CD)

JackArchive

Post by JackArchive »

Stannieman wrote:Was Vista even released on CD-ROM? I know that the setup supports it and you can split install.wim yourself to make it happen, but I never know there was an official CD-ROM release.
Yes. The retail release of Vista, which was DVD-ROM, had a mail order form that you had to send to Microsoft to which you'd receive the OS install on CD-ROM. Kinda like how back then software came on CD-ROM but had the option to mail order to get them on floppy disk. Office 97, for example, came on CD-ROM but upon sending the order and registration you'd get it on 46 floppy disks as well.
-=JackArchive=-
Preserving since the last time we all partied like it's 1999...

WILSON2bGg
Donator

Post by WILSON2bGg »

Installing that would be a huge pain. Probably would be really boring as well since you would have to insert each disk. If someone has a CD Vista set, they should record it in real time of it installing on a Vista era computer.
Hey what's up

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

WILSON2bGg wrote:Installing that would be a huge pain. Probably would be really boring as well since you would have to insert each disk. If someone has a CD Vista set, they should record it in real time of it installing on a Vista era computer.
Not really. From Vista onwards Windows only needs the install media during the first part of the setup. After that, you can't even tell how the WIM was applied to your HDD/SSD.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Rikintosh

Post by Rikintosh »

I have a windows vista CD Starter edition, but if I'm not mistaken he is in Portuguese Brazil

_Ken_

Post by _Ken_ »

gtgamer468 wrote:I was able to find a 32-bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate edition in CD-ROM form. The only problem is that it's in the FTP server and I don't think you have access.
Does the archive of this on the server have scans, I've ended up with a set with the last lot of software that came my way.
I could scan these before I file them away if need be, though have to be done before Thursday, wont be here after then.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

I am unsure, but I don't think we have the Ultimate discs nor scans.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Edness
Donator

Post by Edness »

mrpijey wrote:I am unsure, but I don't think we have the Ultimate discs nor scans.
Is this maybe it?
/(Abandonware) Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows Vista/6.0.6000.16386.vista_rtm.061101-2205_x86fre_client-ultimate_retail_en-us (CD)

The artwork in there seems to resemble what _Ken_ has shown, but maybe it's a different version, I'm not too sure
ATTENTION:
You are now reading my signature

Thank you for your attention!

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

It has different artwork (semi-holographic discs) and since I don't know what build Ken's discs are it's difficult to say if we even have it.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP