I think that contributing is practically impossible.

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
OdysseyNeptune

I think that contributing is practically impossible.

Post by OdysseyNeptune »

I think this because there are so many files and betas in the FTP (it says 75TB) so, i think that there isn't pretty much anything to contribute. Maybe Cairo, Neptune, Odyssey, or Nashville, but that's not much.
Edit: 90TB

TheWinnerCollector111

Re: I think that contributing is practically impossible.

Post by TheWinnerCollector111 »

Dude...there are still millions of things out there to contribute. Even things that we didn't know were on disc.

Edness
Donator

Post by Edness »

You don't necessarily have to contribute a Windows beta, y'know... As the home page even says, it can be original abandonware as well, whether it's a regular CD/DVD/Floppy game (old or new, that'll be kept offline until it's old enough) or some program, all of that is worth archiving here.
ATTENTION:
You are now reading my signature

Thank you for your attention!

OdysseyNeptune

Post by OdysseyNeptune »

I know, but how am i supposed to get those things if not even this site has them?

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion ... -or-amazon

I'd start here. Then you can cross-cue with the library here before you decide to buy a piece of software.
I'd also send an archive copy winworld's way too.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

Edness
Donator

Post by Edness »

OdysseyNeptune wrote:I know, but how am i supposed to get those things if not even this site has them?
Look for them in your shelf, ask some friends/relatives, visit the local store or pawn shop, or even eBay or Amazon if you have to. There's tons of places to look for, some more pricier than others. But there'll definitely be something that the FTP doesn't already have.
ATTENTION:
You are now reading my signature

Thank you for your attention!

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

Look, over half of the things I want aren't even in the server like abandonware games from Sierra. There's got to be an abandonware that you hold. And as others said in this topic, it doesn't have to be a prerelease software of a game or an OS (not just Windows). You can use the beta database to see what's on the server without having to ask any other users with FTP access of what's already available. Also, there are items in the server that's tagged as incomplete. If you have a more complete version (with manuals or a better dump), those will be accepted as well.

JustZisGuy

Post by JustZisGuy »

Try this link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/Software/18793 ... o&_udhi=10
Thousands of cheap CD-ROM titles here. I dare say a good deal of these are not archived anywhere.

No special knowledge or hardware needed to dump a simple CD.

WILSON2bGg
Donator

Post by WILSON2bGg »

Dude, it isn’t that hard. Find some boxed software or some software in foreign language. I said “how am I supposed to find something to contribute?” Just know what is out of support. And please read the directions when contributing
Hey what's up

Random_User
Donator

Post by Random_User »

Edness wrote:it can be original abandonware as well
Supported retail software also qualifies. It would be released to FTP Access Members by mrpijey on a future date when it becomes abandonware in accordance with BetaArchive's definition of abandonware.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

This "issue" has already been covered in other topics, and we also have several posts on how to find stuff. It's not that difficult if you make an effort, we've not even scratched the surface on all the available software out there. Remember also, improving a release we already have also counts as a contribution so it's not only about what we have but also what we can do better.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP