I want to use 9834 as my daily OS, but I get problems

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Camwinny

I want to use 9834 as my daily OS, but I get problems

Post by Camwinny »

For example, my graphics drive can't be loaded successfully. The screen turns into black. And I wonder how to move the files which are about drivers from Windows 8.1 to Windows build 9834. (I've tried that some files can be moved, so I wonder if other files can be moved) If you know something about it, please contact me. Thanks!

Wheatley
Donator

Re: I want to use 9834 as my daily OS, but I get problems

Post by Wheatley »

There's not a single file you can replace to make 9834 a viable daily OS. There are simply too many security, licensing, and compatibility issues (as you saw) to make it or any other early build even remotely usable as a main OS today.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Valerio

Post by Valerio »

You want to move the drivers from Windows 8.1? Well Windows stores the drivers' .inf files inside the "inf" folder in the Windows directory and the drivers' .sys files inside the "drivers" folder in the directory System32 or SysWOW64 I guess. But it would make sense only if this graphics driver you are talking about is actually bundled in Windows 8.1 itself (no point in trying to extract it and install it manually if it comes from an external installer, the result would be the same I suppose, which means black screen). So, find the inf and sys files related to the graphics driver in Windows 8.1 folders I mentioned before, copy them to your build 9834 inf and System32 or SysWOW64 folders, and try to install them manually from Device Manager. Btw I wouldn't really recommend to use that build as main OS on your main PC. Because you know, activation, timebomb and yeah, issues. Better play around with build 9834 on a spare PC perhaps. Good luck either way!

Camwinny

Post by Camwinny »

Valerio wrote:You want to move the drivers from Windows 8.1? Well Windows stores the drivers' .inf files inside the "inf" folder in the Windows directory and the drivers' .sys files inside the "drivers" folder in the directory System32 or SysWOW64 I guess. But it would make sense only if this graphics driver you are talking about is actually bundled in Windows 8.1 itself (no point in trying to extract it and install it manually if it comes from an external installer, the result would be the same I suppose, which means black screen). So, find the inf and sys files related to the graphics driver in Windows 8.1 folders I mentioned before, copy them to your build 9834 inf and System32 or SysWOW64 folders, and try to install them manually from Device Manager. Btw I wouldn't really recommend to use that build as main OS on your main PC. Because you know, activation, timebomb and yeah, issues. Better play around with build 9834 on a spare PC perhaps. Good luck either way!
Could you send me the URL which you have mentioned before? Or could you please tell me what inf and sys files related to the graphics driver in Windows 8.1 folders? Thank you very much!

Camwinny

Post by Camwinny »

Wheatley wrote:There's not a single file you can replace to make 9834 a viable daily OS. There are simply too many security, licensing, and compatibility issues (as you saw) to make it or any other early build even remotely usable as a main OS today.
Maybe. But I come up with an idea that if we can install the updates of 8.1 in 9834.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

Camwinny wrote:
Wheatley wrote:There's not a single file you can replace to make 9834 a viable daily OS. There are simply too many security, licensing, and compatibility issues (as you saw) to make it or any other early build even remotely usable as a main OS today.
Maybe. But I come up with an idea that if we can install the updates of 8.1 in 9834.
No, you're only going to end up with a broken 9600-9834 frankenstein, if anything.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

Lots of times driver installs get backed up in driverstore folder in system32. Just have to make out what long folder name corresponds to what, but if you do file searches...
Or try out an "upgrade" path from 8.1 with all the drivers installed. That's a good one if upgrading works.

Good luck with these builds of 10. Clustercrap of mess as Microsoft rapidly implemented randomness breaking all sorts of stuff in the process. And installing 8.1 updates onto this build, no. Even when you trick setup, you still wind up with dll hell when remaining dlls from 9834 try calling their friends, which got replaced with 8.1 equivalents lacking the apis requested -> Blue Screen or a whole lot of error messages.

Who made your graphics adapter? Sometimes the drivers check kernel version and flip out when it realizes the version returned is not what it was expecting. Even though it installs fine.
Do you even know where you're trying to go with the drivers?
Does the black screen happen during the install or after a restart?
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

Camwinny

Post by Camwinny »

yourepicfailure wrote:Lots of times driver installs get backed up in driverstore folder in system32. Just have to make out what long folder name corresponds to what, but if you do file searches...
Or try out an "upgrade" path from 8.1 with all the drivers installed. That's a good one if upgrading works.

Good luck with these builds of 10. Clustercrap of mess as Microsoft rapidly implemented randomness breaking all sorts of stuff in the process. And installing 8.1 updates onto this build, no. Even when you trick setup, you still wind up with dll hell when remaining dlls from 9834 try calling their friends, which got replaced with 8.1 equivalents lacking the apis requested -> Blue Screen or a whole lot of error messages.

Who made your graphics adapter? Sometimes the drivers check kernel version and flip out when it realizes the version returned is not what it was expecting. Even though it installs fine.
Do you even know where you're trying to go with the drivers?
Does the black screen happen during the install or after a restart?
Well, I'll try to do as your first paragraph. And I've tried to move many dll files to 9834 and it was successful. My graphics adapter was made by NVIDIA. It's Geforce GTX 1050 Ti. The accident happened during the install.