[Request] RM Server and Client software

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
wil

[Request] RM Server and Client software

Post by wil »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any of the old (Windows 3.1/95/98 era) RMNET client and server management tools? When I get a bit of time, I really want to build a lab environment for messing around in!

Back story...

I was browsing the FTP for the first time in ages and was shocked to see "RM Nimbus", I just don't remember any of that, but it got me thinking of my childhood and the good old days!

Back when I was in school, (win 3.1 days and eventually Win 95) I remember messing around with the RM managed network... For people who don't know, it was an easy to use management layer shoved on top of Windows Server/Windows Client in order to make an admin's job easy.

...it also seemed like a colossal use of money as they offered things such as "enforcement of complex passwords" for £500 per xxx users which did nothing more than enable a GPO!

Anyway, I had so much fun with it - I remember for example the custom file manager when Windows started which said I was over my storage quota... it forced me to copy to floppy... or... help > product help... file > open > c:\windows ... filter to *.*, explorer.exe - right click, open... right click taskman.exe, force close the file manager! ... And many other things.

I just always wanted to mess around with this, but, never had the time.

If anyone has anything, it would be greatly appreciated!