Windows XP Embedded builded image not booting

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Modrr432

Windows XP Embedded builded image not booting

Post by Modrr432 »

I wanted to build an Windows XP Embedded image using Target Designer. After i made the image and copied it to an partition, it did not work. :cry: It did not boot to Windows XP Embedded. On every VM program (exept for Virtual PC 2007), i made the PMQ files and builded image, copied them and, NOT WORKING. Here is what they said the VM programs to me when i tried to boot them:
VMWare: Operating System not found.
VirtualBox: FATAL: No bootable medium found! System halted.
Could someone help me to fix the booting issue with the Windows XP Embedded images?

SistemaRayoXP

Re: Windows XP Embedded builded image not booting

Post by SistemaRayoXP »

Let's get started: That means the disk isn't bootable, so make sure a least one primary partition is active and visible

AyamiOoruri29

Post by AyamiOoruri29 »

I have Windows XP Embedded SP3 image, that i created myself using Target Designer. it does work for me on Virtual PC 2007.
Discord: @Michelpuri#7783

Modrr432

Post by Modrr432 »

UPDATE: You first install Windows XP from text mode. After you installed from text mode, DO NOT BOOT FROM HDD. Instead, you boot from windows PE (WinXP Embedded SP2 CD1) then open notepad. Go to File->Open. You will have 2 errors. Go to C: drive then choose for file format all files. Open the upper tab. YOU will get an error. Go to X: Drive then C:. Now open another notepad, and go to File->Open. You will have 2 errors. Choose for file format all files. Open the upper tab. YOU will get an error. Go to X: Drive then to the WinXPe image drive, then copy all folders and files. Eject CD1 then boot up the system. :OD