[REQUEST] IMSI Turbocad Professional 10.5 (2004)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Omicron

[REQUEST] IMSI Turbocad Professional 10.5 (2004)

Post by Omicron »

I've looked everywhere for this specific piece of software, it's just not available anymore. The closest thing is Deluxe 10.2 on the FTP, and it's still slightly incompatible with some old files I have.

I even contacted IMSI directly, and they just told me to check Ebay and Amazon (which I haven't seen 10.5 for sale in over 5 years,) and it seems like this nearly 14 year old software has completely vanished. I'd think that it would qualify as abandonware per the rules and could be uploaded to the FTP server.

I have my old licensing info, just no software/ISO to use it with so I can run the program.

viktormadarasz

Re: [REQUEST] IMSI Turbocad Professional 10.5 (2004)

Post by viktormadarasz »

Omicron wrote:I've looked everywhere for this specific piece of software, it's just not available anymore. The closest thing is Deluxe 10.2 on the FTP, and it's still slightly incompatible with some old files I have.

I even contacted IMSI directly, and they just told me to check Ebay and Amazon (which I haven't seen 10.5 for sale in over 5 years,) and it seems like this nearly 14 year old software has completely vanished. I'd think that it would qualify as abandonware per the rules and could be uploaded to the FTP server.

I have my old licensing info, just no software/ISO to use it with so I can run the program.

Hi

is this the one you looking for?

http://www.simtech.hu/products/vegkiaru ... v10.5.html

Looks like this hungarian company still sells it legally for around 23 euros with VAT

i mean if its the one, I d totally pay those 23 euros if its really important and you need it

Regards

Viktor

Omicron

Post by Omicron »

I dunno, something still feels off about this website - I'm not sure I could recommend anyone (including yourself) order from here... it sounds like they only accept cash and direct bank transfers. If they accepted Paypal, I'd order it myself, but they still feel a bit shady.

I'm also curious as to if it is in English, or Hungarian.

Yeah, I don't need it so badly that I or anyone else should order from suspicious looking websites. I'll wait until someone here has a copy in their possession and FTP uploads it, or I come across a disk on Ebay or something (which I'd upload then.)

viktormadarasz

Post by viktormadarasz »

Omicron wrote:I dunno, something still feels off about this website - I'm not sure I could recommend anyone (including yourself) order from here... it sounds like they only accept cash and direct bank transfers. If they accepted Paypal, I'd order it myself, but they still feel a bit shady.

Yeah, I don't need it so badly that I or anyone else should order from suspicious looking websites. I'll wait until someone here has a copy in their possession and FTP uploads it, or I come across a disk on Ebay or something (which I'd upload then.)

I sent a mail and asked :)

I asked if that version can be purchased and if the installer files are available.

The website does not look the latest cause its from a smaller city in Hungary

Also as a matter of fact Paypal is still not as widespread in Hungary as in Spain or other Western countries and def. not in a smaller company as this looks like based on the website

Thats all i could share as my impression

Regards

Viktor

viktormadarasz

Post by viktormadarasz »

Omicron wrote:I dunno, something still feels off about this website - I'm not sure I could recommend anyone (including yourself) order from here... it sounds like they only accept cash and direct bank transfers. If they accepted Paypal, I'd order it myself, but they still feel a bit shady.

Hi

Company came back to me today

They are legal distributor of Turbocad Software ( got their 2017 pricelist)

They have 1 original copy of Turbocad 10.5 (2004) original CD with Install Key around 39 Euros. The software is of English language

They accept payment with bank transfer

You can either have it via digital download ( no shipping) or physical media and license key with shipping for the additional price of shipping costs to Your location

They speak English

Regards

Viktor

Omicron

Post by Omicron »

viktormadarasz wrote:

Hi

Company came back to me today

They are legal distributor of Turbocad Software ( got their 2017 pricelist)

They have 1 original copy of Turbocad 10.5 (2004) original CD with Install Key around 39 Euros. The software is of English language

They accept payment with bank transfer

You can either have it via digital download ( no shipping) or physical media and license key with shipping for the additional price of shipping costs to Your location

They speak English

Regards

Viktor
Thanks, I'll look into it then. I'm amazed you found this.

Omicron

Post by Omicron »

This isn't going to go anywhere, they cannot ship it to where I live at. So, I'm stuck again.

pool7

Post by pool7 »

According to viktormadarasz, they also sell it as download+key (ie. electronic download), which looking at your first post should work for you. Unless you really wanted the physical disc.

Omicron

Post by Omicron »

pool7 wrote:According to viktormadarasz, they also sell it as download+key (ie. electronic download), which looking at your first post should work for you. Unless you really wanted the physical disc.
I wanted the disc, didn't want to bother with all sorts of funky bank transfers and filled suitcases of cash delivered via the trunk of a Mercedes S600 for just the download. I'll just keep my eyes peeled on Ebay.