[OFFER] The 7th Guest for Philips CD-i

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
DanielOosterhuis
Donator

[OFFER] The 7th Guest for Philips CD-i

Post by DanielOosterhuis »

I figured I offer this one because despite the abandonware console games rule, CD-i appears to be exempt from these rules since there are a few CD-i games on the FTP already.
I have the complete CD-i game in 2CD jewelcase, which I can provide a BIN/CUE rip from (Alcohol 120% doesn't seem to be able to get anything useful out of it, so I had to use IsoBuster), as well as scans. It comes with two discs, one with the game and the other purely as an audio CD with music from the game. If there is any interest in this, I'll go ahead and scan the manual and covers, and dump the audio CD as well if that's also wanted. And, if Philips CD-i titles are allowed, I also (somewhere) have a copy of The Apprentice for the CD-i which I could also dump and scan for the FTP.
MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, 70-742)
MTA: 98-349, 98-365

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [OFFER] The 7th Guest for Philips CD-i

Post by mrpijey »

Yeah, these would definately be great to get a full dump of!

Why wouldn't Alcohol120% dump these properly?
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

DanielOosterhuis
Donator

mrpijey wrote:Yeah, these would definately be great to get a full dump of!

Why wouldn't Alcohol120% dump these properly?
Alcohol 120% reports the disk has one track, which according to the program is blank, and the start button is greyed out. Changing the datatype doesn't help. I tried using a different optical drive, but that also did nothing.
IsoBuster is the only software I could find that is able to make an image from a CD-i disc (it does show the CD-i track), and it only supports ISO, TAO, and BIN/CUE.
If it's OK to use that, I'll go ahead and dump the game and scan the artwork this weekend, and upload it as soon as I have that all packaged up.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Sounds odd, but yeah, if ISOBuster is the only way then dump is as a bin/cue. That will be fine.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

DanielOosterhuis
Donator

mrpijey wrote:Sounds odd, but yeah, if ISOBuster is the only way then dump is as a bin/cue. That will be fine.
I've heard that the CD-i Green Book format can be difficult to work with. I also have a Free Record Shop (A now bankrupt Dutch music store) Free Gold Club Disk for the CD-i, which from I can tell has some promos for CD-i titles (one of the audio tracks on it is from the CD-i game The Apprentice), but not even ISOBuster can find the CD-i track, for some odd reason. I still tried to dump it regardless, but the CD-i Emulator reports the format is unsupported, unlike with 7th Guest which will open but just reports a lack of Digital Video Cartridge, so I sadly can't upload that FRS promo disc.

DanielOosterhuis
Donator

Finally got around to uploading it last weekend. Sadly, I couldn't dump The Apprentice for CD-i, ISOBuster won't find the CD-i track, it just treats it as an audio CD, as does Alcohol 120% or any other imaging software I attempted to use. Just dumping it as an audio CD in the hopes that the CD-i track would still be included didn't work, as the CD-i emulator gives an error that the image is unusable. No idea how others managed to do it, the Green Book CD standard is really, really confusing to work with.