[OFFER] Lego Racers (1999)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
BF10

[OFFER] Lego Racers (1999)

Post by BF10 »

Hello.

I have the original copy of the PC Lego Racers from 1999. It is not patched at all and is meant for Windows 9x (the version found online is patched for Windows NT). I also have the manual and the original CD case but not the original box. Will it be suitable for upload? I checked both logs and only found Lego Racers 2 but not the first Lego Racers.

BetaWiki contributor.

LordKappa

Re: [OFFER] Lego Racers (1999)

Post by LordKappa »

Looks like the list is correct, Lego Racers isn't on there. The copy of Lego Racers 2 is Swedish.

If you have all the case inserts then your copy is better than the one I was planning to upload.

BF10

Post by BF10 »

So far when I tried to dump the disk I keep getting read errors. I'll try again later with the through scan.

BetaWiki contributor.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Read errors can be due to securom protection. Just to see if any critical data files are unreadable try to copy the contents of the disc to a folder and see if it works.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

BF10

Post by BF10 »

mrpijey wrote:Read errors can be due to securom protection. Just to see if any critical data files are unreadable try to copy the contents of the disc to a folder and see if it works.
So do I copy the contents to a folder somewhere on the hard drive and zip it?

BetaWiki contributor.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

No, just copy it over to a temp folder. If you get no read errors then the vital data is most likely fine and you can do a full dump using A120% with the reading errors. It's just to see if you get reading errors when doing manual copy. Make sure you clean the disc properly before dumping and scanning.

BF10

Post by BF10 »

So, I actually know the plan (I think). Just pack the files into another iso with Imgburn then see if Windows 95/98 will run it. I don’t have my main virtualization PC yet so I have to wait until then to emulate it (I have another computer for CD-ROMs but they run emulators pretty slowly).

BetaWiki contributor.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

No no no. Just do a plain copy to a folder on the drive. If all files copies properly then do a full MDF dump. Why make it so overcomplicated? The idea is to see if the "corruption" is part of the copy protection or part of the file system.

Or just dump it and send it up with the logs.

BF10

Post by BF10 »

When I did my copy all files just copied without error, so it is safe to say that it can be dumped.

BetaWiki contributor.