Why there is a language button if that isn't useful?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
SistemaRayoXP

Why there is a language button if that isn't useful?

Post by SistemaRayoXP »

I want to know, because I'm almost sure why it is there, but I'd like to know if could you give it another funcionality, in other words, translate the page.

In my opinion:
The main reason the button is there is because it's "part of the page" and it cannot be or won't be deleted for some reason

I've asked this in WinWorld and they said that they will not because many problems with site coding or things so. But as far as I know, it's as simple as adding a language pack (Which must be made by a person) to the page and done.

So what could you say about? :^)

Goldfish64
Donator

Re: Why there is a language button if that isn't useful?

Post by Goldfish64 »

If you're talking about the "My language" setting in the User Control Panel, that's part of phpBB. In the case of this forum, British English is the only language pack installed. That only handles the general UI language, it does not change the way actual posts are displayed.
Goldfish64

SistemaRayoXP

Post by SistemaRayoXP »

I metioned it in the post and what I'd like is to give it some funcionality, or that someone would...

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

This is an English only forum so it won't be changing.

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

SistemaRayoXP wrote:I metioned it in the post and what I'd like is to give it some funcionality, or that someone would...
Or you could just ignore it, considering that the forum is English only and even if additional language packs were installed, they would only change the language of phpBB elements, not the actual forum content. Besides, how often do you go into User CP > Board preferences for this to bother you that much?
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

whistler2250

Post by whistler2250 »

SistemaRayoXP wrote:I metioned it in the post and what I'd like is to give it some funcionality, or that someone would...
OK, then when will you be complaining about the uselessness of this:
Pseudo-localized builds are awesome!

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

This topic has served its purpose. This won't be changing. If you don't like it, tough luck.