BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 7d, 5h, 13m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 3454MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software        Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
The only software I still own are a bit more modern games like a german version of GTA San Andreas. My question is, is it even worth a try to upload more modern software and games that aren't betas? Or will it not get approved because of it being too new?

I also once uploaded a copy of Microsoft Works, but never recieved any response to that, which makes it seem like it was a bad contribution that got ignored (I did read all the rules and guidelines carefully).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software        Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:58 pm 
Administrator

If it's properly dumped and scanned it will be accepted and archived until it's old enough for a public release.

As for your Works upload, if it was improperly archived then you should have gotten a message about it unless you uploaded it anonymously.

Listings: Online :: Offline

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software        Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:13 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
So such a contribution will basically give you FTP access but isn't available to the FTP until it's considered old enough by the mods/admins, right?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software        Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:37 pm 
Administrator

That is correct.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software        Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:06 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
The FTP upload was in a folder called Leurak, so it should not have been anonymous. I think when I uploaded this you were on vacation. The next time I checked the upload server, all uploads/folders were gone. Until now I never got any response. I could reupload it at the weekend, including the GTA SA disc.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software        Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:56 pm 
Administrator

Right, I found your upload of Works, but could you reupload it dumped with A120 (and with log file)?

And I don't respond to uploads unless there are something wrong with them, if you don't apply for FTP access then you will not get a response.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software        Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
Do you have to apply somewhere else too? I thought the submission on the upload server already is the application.
I'll do it with A120 on the weekend, because I don't have access to the disc and a good connection right now.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found it. I applied to the group now.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software        Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:14 pm 
Administrator

No, application to the FTP group is enough. Once I checked your upload I'll either approve it or get back to you, either way you'll hear from me.

And remember, even if the title is too new one can still upload it, I archive all the original stuff and release it when the time is due.

Top  Profile  WWW