More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
Leurak

More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software

Post by Leurak »

The only software I still own are a bit more modern games like a german version of GTA San Andreas. My question is, is it even worth a try to upload more modern software and games that aren't betas? Or will it not get approved because of it being too new?

I also once uploaded a copy of Microsoft Works, but never recieved any response to that, which makes it seem like it was a bad contribution that got ignored (I did read all the rules and guidelines carefully).

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: More Modern, Non-Beta Games and Software

Post by mrpijey »

If it's properly dumped and scanned it will be accepted and archived until it's old enough for a public release.

As for your Works upload, if it was improperly archived then you should have gotten a message about it unless you uploaded it anonymously.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Leurak

Post by Leurak »

So such a contribution will basically give you FTP access but isn't available to the FTP until it's considered old enough by the mods/admins, right?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

That is correct.

Leurak

Post by Leurak »

The FTP upload was in a folder called Leurak, so it should not have been anonymous. I think when I uploaded this you were on vacation. The next time I checked the upload server, all uploads/folders were gone. Until now I never got any response. I could reupload it at the weekend, including the GTA SA disc.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Right, I found your upload of Works, but could you reupload it dumped with A120 (and with log file)?

And I don't respond to uploads unless there are something wrong with them, if you don't apply for FTP access then you will not get a response.

Leurak

Post by Leurak »

Do you have to apply somewhere else too? I thought the submission on the upload server already is the application.
I'll do it with A120 on the weekend, because I don't have access to the disc and a good connection right now.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found it. I applied to the group now.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

No, application to the FTP group is enough. Once I checked your upload I'll either approve it or get back to you, either way you'll hear from me.

And remember, even if the title is too new one can still upload it, I archive all the original stuff and release it when the time is due.