BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 7d, 5h, 15m | CPU: 24% | MEM: 3445MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [Offier] My floppy collection        Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:32 am 

Favourite OS
2222A

Hello everybody! I'm new here!
I'd like to share with you my tiny floppy collection
I hope you find some of this would be useful

In case you can't read all of these here it is:

- Indiana Jones and the Fathe of Atlantis (3.5)
- Loom (Spanish) (3.5)
- Outrun (5.25)
- Dagger of Amon Ra (5.25)
- Heart of China (5.25)
- A plastic box with a collection of four 4 (Risk, Miramar, 3D Helicopter and Jigsaw puzzle)

- Not pictured here, but I also have a large collection of demo disks of an Argentinean magazine from mid to late 90's called "PC Juegos"

- Plus a considerable amount of games in CD (like 50)

I hope you find this useful as I'm eager to contribute ;)

PS: I also have a flatbed scanner

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [Offier] My floppy collection        Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 am 
Administrator

These games would be very interesting, thank you :).

Listings: Online :: Offline

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [Offier] My floppy collection        Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:11 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 3.1
I'd try this.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [Offier] My floppy collection        Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:06 pm 

Favourite OS
2222A
Thank you!
One question: how do 5.25 disks should be scanned? With the protective envelope on, without or both?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [Offier] My floppy collection        Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:11 pm 
Administrator

We have a guide here (The Definitive Guide) which explains how you should scan your stuff.

But to answer your question: Without. Always without. But scan the envelope as well if it has logos etc...

Listings: Online :: Offline

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [Offier] My floppy collection        Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:13 pm 

Favourite OS
2222A
I began working with the scan of Heart of China (I already have the disc dumped).
I uploaded some files into the FTP under "scarlet/Heart of China 1.0 - 16 colour (1991-06-18) (5.25''-1.2MB) [English]"
I would appreciate if you could review it and tell me if you're pleased with the scanning I made this far.

In particular:
- You ask for a white background. I made most of the scanning with white background, except the disk envelope that is white and probably won't be able to distinguish from the disk's envelope and the background itself (I made two scannings, white and a brown one)
- I uploaded all the files raw as you request, without even cropping the edges

I wound't mind doing that myself without compromising the original's quality...

If everything OK, in the next 10 to 15 days I will be scanning the Hart of China's Control Documentation that is about 44 pages long.

Thank you for bearing with a newbie like me :$

Top  Profile