Corrupted XP MCE 2005 install

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
kyle62

Corrupted XP MCE 2005 install

Post by kyle62 »

I've been using Virtual Machines for 8 years now, this is the first time something like this ever happened to me, I thought it would be interesting to share this. Configuration: 3GB RAM, 64GB Virtual Disk, Shared (NAT) Networking, Virtual PC 2007 SP1 running on a Windows 7 host. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6IblPEKDwE

Win7

Re: Corrupted XP MCE 2005 install

Post by Win7 »

Viruses, maybe?

It seemingly acts like system files were deleted and/or some heavy restrictions were applied to the point of preventing the user (that is, you) from accessing most basic tools...

I'd go for the first one, though, as I vaguely recall a similar behaviour... after I had deleted three quarters of the WINDOWS folder.
Offtopic Comment
I was a very young child, and I thought there was junk... I learnt the lesson, anyway... :P
Don't delete the virtual machine, but try to look for something wrong in the system folders...

Win7

YourAverageJoe

Re: Corrupted XP MCE 2005 install

Post by YourAverageJoe »

Win7 wrote:I'd go for the first one, though, as I vaguely recall a similar behaviour... after I had deleted three quarters of the WINDOWS folder.
Offtopic Comment
I was a very young child, and I thought there was junk... I learnt the lesson, anyway... :P
you just made me cringe really hard right now omg 8-)
hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!!!