BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 11d, 20h, 35m | CPU: 41% | MEM: 3387MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Corrupted XP MCE 2005 install        Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:10 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
I've been using Virtual Machines for 8 years now, this is the first time something like this ever happened to me, I thought it would be interesting to share this. Configuration: 3GB RAM, 64GB Virtual Disk, Shared (NAT) Networking, Virtual PC 2007 SP1 running on a Windows 7 host. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6IblPEKDwE

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Corrupted XP MCE 2005 install        Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:40 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3 - Windows 98 SE
Viruses, maybe?

It seemingly acts like system files were deleted and/or some heavy restrictions were applied to the point of preventing the user (that is, you) from accessing most basic tools...

I'd go for the first one, though, as I vaguely recall a similar behaviour... after I had deleted three quarters of the WINDOWS folder.

Offtopic Comment
I was a very young child, and I thought there was junk... I learnt the lesson, anyway... :P

Don't delete the virtual machine, but try to look for something wrong in the system folders...

Win7

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Corrupted XP MCE 2005 install        Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:38 am 

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn Build 4074
Win7 wrote:
I'd go for the first one, though, as I vaguely recall a similar behaviour... after I had deleted three quarters of the WINDOWS folder.

Offtopic Comment
I was a very young child, and I thought there was junk... I learnt the lesson, anyway... :P

you just made me cringe really hard right now omg 8-)

Top  Profile