[REQUEST] Compaq Windows 3.11/95 Recovery Media

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
AJ2ZX

[REQUEST] Compaq Windows 3.11/95 Recovery Media

Post by AJ2ZX »

Hello again,
I am looking for the appropriate Compaq Windows 3.11/95 Recovery Media for the 1994/1995 Prolinea series (5120/5133 Desktop and Tower format). I have several of these machines that were given by an older computer enthusiast. Unfortunately, the books and recovery media are all gone and I am having a hard time locating the correct Recovery Media for the Prolinea series of machines. As I am guessing, there should be a Compaq OEM Recovery CD for Windows 3.11/95 and possibly a Quickrestore CD based on other Compaq model lineups with similar chassis patterns in the same time frame. If anyone could help me out, that would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Kind Regards,
AJ2ZX

Damian9303
Permanently Banned

Re: [REQUEST] Compaq Windows 3.11/95 Recovery Media

Post by Damian9303 »

I think I saw recovery floppies for Windows 3.1 Compaq OEM on a site called Vetusware up for download for free. I remember it coming in 3 exes (one for each floppy) where you have to insert a floppy inside of your computer and it will write onto the floppy for you even though you can open the exes with WinImage and save it with the .img format instead of using that. You could also copy all of the files onto one unbootable (unbootable meaning you can't boot from it, you must use MS-DOS to explore through it) CD and try restoring it that way (guessing that MS-DOS is installed).

AJ2ZX

Post by AJ2ZX »

Damian9303 wrote:I think I saw recovery floppies for Windows 3.1 Compaq OEM on a site called Vetusware up for download for free. I remember it coming in 3 exes (one for each floppy) where you have to insert a floppy inside of your computer and it will write onto the floppy for you even though you can open the exes with WinImage and save it with the .img format instead of using that. You could also copy all of the files onto one unbootable (unbootable meaning you can't boot from it, you must use MS-DOS to explore through it) CD and try restoring it that way (guessing that MS-DOS is installed).
Hello,
Thanks for the update, however Windows 3.1 is too old for this machine. This machine is supposed to run Windows 95 and 3.11. It turns out there is actually a Compaq Windows 95 CD that can be used to restore this machine to a base OEM Clean Install. I am looking for this CD. See the picture attached. The Part Number is: 177463-001. If you have this CD please let me know. Additionally, if someone has the accompanying Compaq Restore CD that restores the original programs and applications for the Prolinea 51xx series of systems, please let me know. Thanks.

Image of CD: https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .27091.jpg
Kind Regards,
AJ2ZX

Damian9303
Permanently Banned

Post by Damian9303 »

AJ2ZX wrote:
Damian9303 wrote:I think I saw recovery floppies for Windows 3.1 Compaq OEM on a site called Vetusware up for download for free. I remember it coming in 3 exes (one for each floppy) where you have to insert a floppy inside of your computer and it will write onto the floppy for you even though you can open the exes with WinImage and save it with the .img format instead of using that. You could also copy all of the files onto one unbootable (unbootable meaning you can't boot from it, you must use MS-DOS to explore through it) CD and try restoring it that way (guessing that MS-DOS is installed).
Hello,
Thanks for the update, however Windows 3.1 is too old for this machine. This machine is supposed to run Windows 95 and 3.11. It turns out there is actually a Compaq Windows 95 CD that can be used to restore this machine to a base OEM Clean Install. I am looking for this CD. See the picture attached. The Part Number is: 177463-001. If you have this CD please let me know. Additionally, if someone has the accompanying Compaq Restore CD that restores the original programs and applications for the Prolinea 51xx series of systems, please let me know. Thanks.

Image of CD: https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .27091.jpg
Hmm, for one, Windows 3.11 was built right on top of Windows 3.1 and is closely the same thing and they both run on MS-DOS so in theory it should work on your machine. Also, looking through the forums, someone asked for Recovery ISO for Windows 95 and someone gave out this link: ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/ Idk if it still has it or not