Where can I find Hounsell's Driver Kit?

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
SlyRedFox_MKUltra

Where can I find Hounsell's Driver Kit?

Post by SlyRedFox_MKUltra »

Essential to get Windows Longhorn functioning at it's finest and can't find it on "Information Collection Book." I can't find a link to it on the internet. Anywhere I can get it?

LuLu
Permanently Banned

Re: Where can I find Hounsell's Driver Kit?

Post by LuLu »

no such thing
those are virtual drivers from vmware driver kit
which mounts itself automatically

longhornwhistler
Donator

Post by longhornwhistler »

LuLu wrote:no such thing
those are virtual drivers from vmware driver kit
which mounts itself automatically
Ok #1 He does have a driver kit from a previous version of VMware Tools that works better with Longhorn than the current drivers.
and #2 you can find it here: https://www.thecollectionbook.info/info ... downloads/
"Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations." - Steve Jobs

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjx ... C1dNISF8ZQ

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

I had two:
VMWare Workstation 6.5
VMWare Workstation 7.0

Those versions provide the best balance - later VMWare versions are too new and break, older versions often don't provide as much functionality.

Which one is better out of those two is usually just a case of trial and error. Some setups will work better with 6.5, others 7.0.