BSOD when trying to install Windows version Longhorn down

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
SlyRedFox_MKUltra

BSOD when trying to install Windows version Longhorn down

Post by SlyRedFox_MKUltra »

I get the BSoD (000000x7b) when I load up installation for Windows Longhorn or older on actual hardware. Any idea on whats causing this? I have set my Hard drive mode to SATA, IDE, and AHCI all coming back with the same result.

JackArchive

Re: BSOD when trying to install Windows version Longhorn dow

Post by JackArchive »

SlyRedFox_MKUltra wrote:I get the BSoD (000000x7b) when I load up installation for Windows Longhorn or older on actual hardware. Any idea on whats causing this? I have set my Hard drive mode to SATA, IDE, and AHCI all coming back with the same result.
Boot sectors of your hard disk can't be accessed and are probably bad. Make sure any important files are backed up. Assuming they are backed up and you did attempt to format the disk numerous times without any success of booting it, I would suggest "zeroing" the disk (Completely writing hexademical 00s all over the disk using a disk hex editor program, however this might be time consuming to write depending on the size of your disk), format again via the command interpreter before installing, and see if that works as that can usually clear up that bad file system header which might cause the disk to not boot properly and put in a fresh one. If that still doesn't work ending up with the same error, then I think that issue might be caused by a mechanical problem or a bug in the formatting software in Longhorn and I probably might hand that troubleshooting out to another member.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... windows-xp
-=JackArchive=-
Preserving since the last time we all partied like it's 1999...