Extended XP :Lets patch XP for newer apps

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Dibya

Extended XP :Lets patch XP for newer apps

Post by Dibya »

==================================================================================
# Special thanks to 5eraph and Ramsey (admin of zone54)
#Special thanks to My close friends BPHlPT, Dencorso , FranceBB , GreenhillManiac , 5eraph , neverseen , tomy , Samuka ,Rloew,neverseen,Dubby,Overflow
#Special thanks to neverseen for support
#Special thanks to FranceBB for testing
#Special thanks to everyone who use and love Xp
#Special thanks to great moders like Rloew, BlackWingCat ,Wildbill
#Special Thanks to Syvet for WineD3D
#Special Thanks to wine and reactos team.
# Special to user_hidden for update pack
# Special thanks to harkaz & tomasz86 for their repacking skills
#Special thanks to leecher , jumper ,tumagonx
#Special thanks to heinoganda
# -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# This file contains a list of all entries that need to be added to various Windows
# Thanks a lot to all guys/gals of zone62,msfn,driverpackforum, ryanvm forum,wincert,overclocker.
# Greatest respect and thanks to nuhi for nlite and Ryan ,Signet for RVMi
===================================================================================
ExtendedXP ::
ExtendedXP is a compability layer based on patching official system files .
It aims at adding missing api that does not exists in XP but in newer version of windows.
Most of the people may be thinking why a person need to take so much hectic job , programs simply can be run by upgrading to newer versions of windows like 7/8/10.
XP is needed in real life . It is very fast and stable if we compare with newer version of windows . It is one of the most secure version of windows as newer
secuirity risks depends on features of vista and up.
Note :: It is not a official MS Product . Its a gift from loyal Windows XP community
ExtendedXP Version :: 1.0
Update Type :: Platform update (Unofficial)
Added Function to Kernel32.dll
AcquireSRWLockExclusive
AcquireSRWLockShared
InitializeSRWLock
ReleaseSRWLockExclusive
ReleaseSRWLockShared
TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive
TryAcquireSRWLockShared
QueryThreadCycleTime
SetThreadStackGuarantee
InitializeCriticalSectionEx
FlsAlloc
FlsFree
FlsGetValue
FlsSetValue
GetTickCount64
K3EmptyWorkingSet
K32EnumDeviceDrivers
K32EnumPageFilesA
K32EnumPageFilesW
K32EnumProcesses
K32EnumProcessModules
K32EnumProcessModulesEx
K32GetDeviceDriverBaseNameA
K32GetDeviceDriverBaseNameW
K32GetDeviceDriverFileNameA
K32GetDeviceDriverFileNameW
K32GetMappedFileNameA
K32GetMappedFileNameW
K32GetModuleBaseNameA
K32GetModuleBaseNameW
K32GetModuleFileNameExA
K32GetModuleFileNameExW
K32GetModuleInformation
K32GetPerformanceInfo
K32GetProcessImageFileNameA
K32GetProcessImageFileNameW
K32GetProcessMemoryInfo
K32GetWsChanges
K32GetWsChangesEx
K32InitializeProcessForWsWatch
K32QueryWorkingSet
K32QueryWorkingSetEx
Windows Symbolic Debugger Engine 6.2.9200.16384
Windows Image Helper 6.2.9200.16384
Symbolic Debugger for Windows 6.2.9200.16384
Desktop Window Manager API 6.0.6000.16386
Microsoft GDI+ 6.0.6002.23998
Visual Basic Virtual Machine 6.00.9832
Windows NT IOStreams DLL 7.0.6000.16386
Windows NT C++ Runtime Library DLL 7.0.6000.16386
Windows NT CRT DLL 7.0.6002.22755
MSXML 6.0 SP3 6.30.7601.22640
Process Status Helper 6.0.6000.16386
Uniscribe Unicode script processor 1.0626.7601.22666
Version Checking and File Installation Libraries 6.0.6002.18005
Rich Text Edit Control, v4.1 v5.41.21.2512
Microsoft(R) Delta Package Expander 6.1.7601.23505
Microsoft Patch Engine 6.1.7601.23505
Microsoft File Patch Application API 6.1.7601.23505
Microsoft XmlLite Library 1.3.1001.0
LZ Expansion Utility 6.1.7600.16385
D3D9.dll added all function from vista
Force Compatibler By BlackWingCat
Download here:
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/w4lflUrY/file.html
password :: 9Tr3"yCj6K§vM9Vb1%v2A7eU3BYzI42P&n5D$h9Kh
!! PLEASE KINDLY NOTE!!
Please update your System with ALL posready updates before applying this patch .
Before Every months patch Tuesday uninstall ExtendedXP then reinstall once all updates are installed by Microsofts windows update site .
!!Thanks you !!
Windows XP lives For Ever
Last edited by Dibya on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dibya

Re: Dibya Posts: 351 Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:34

Post by Dibya »

please mods look after people going out of topic which can insult the project .
like 7 is better than xp
Thanks in Advance

Stephanos

Re: Extended XP :Lets patch XP for newer apps

Post by Stephanos »

It is very fast and stable if we compare with newer version of windows . It is one of the most secure version of windows as newer secuirity risks depends on features of vista and up.
Well, it is definitely NOT one of the most secure versions of Windows. In fact, Windows 7 and up are much more secure than XP and Server 2003. There is a very good reason why people say using Windows Server 2003 nowadays is considered a major security risk.

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

Interesting patch, I already installed it in my VM. I wonder, which apps does it allow to run that XP normally won't?

Dibya

Post by Dibya »

Stephanos wrote:
It is very fast and stable if we compare with newer version of windows . It is one of the most secure version of windows as newer secuirity risks depends on features of vista and up.
Well, it is definitely NOT one of the most secure versions of Windows. In fact, Windows 7 and up are much more secure than XP and Server 2003. There is a very good reason why people say using Windows Server 2003 nowadays is considered a major security risk.
You have already worked with kernal and all other things .
Any way
I have full proof answer . You might know vulnerability exists in certain api of core kernel . A hacker either hook , patch , overflow , jump to his codecave to make you loose all control . For eg if Windows Defender use Flsalloc to function then hacker will design a exploit kit that will bring some changes that will render windows defender useless so that he can put his virus / malware .
Tech writers went mad in saying XP is not secure but truth is something different.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/living-i ... 0844.shtml
Not only softpedia but also Zdnets and others also in full form to insult XP.
There are few millions of exploit kit in black markets which effect vista and up but cannot do anything with 2000/XP/2003.
Few months ago Korean hackers found vulnerabilities in dwmapi but Microsoft still now not patched knowing it . Dwmapi exists in Vista and up systems not in XP . This vulnerability is used by hundreds of cryptologers to get into pc . More over Kernel32 function FLSALLOC (Exists in vista and up system) found vulnerable but still now it is not patched by Microsoft over 8 years.
One of My XP pc there is no antivirus still now i have not faced any virus but my windows 7 laptop with Norton internet security got infected 8 time in year.
Even don’t believe me see this https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/stat ... _version=3
As per this there is no vulnerability for xp found in 2016 .
http://techtalk.gfi.com/2015s-mvps-the- ... e-players/
as per this test windows xp not in top 15 places .
According to the U.S. National Vulnerability Database, there were three new Windows XP Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) discovered from April to December 2014, one new CVE discovered in 2015, and none so far in 2016.
Compare that to Windows 7, which had 30 new CVEs discovered April-December 2014, 147 new CVEs in all of 2015 (no doubt thanks to Microsoft's "Get Windows 10 App" nagware), and 126 new CVEs so far in 2016.
Windows 7 and up systems your privacy is going to hell due to some nsa backdoors and some updates introduced by Microsoft read more here
Even Windows Server 2003 quite same to xp is less vulnerable than debian linux . As xp and 2003 are patched for decades .
http://www.infoworld.com/article/298194 ... 80149.html \
My recommendation for XP users:-
*Apply Posready 2009 update tricks . XP sp3 and posready2009 uses same kernel so there is no problem
*Install hitman pro alert from surfright
*Install any good AV like Avast Free
*Forget about hackers and viruses

hello guys and gals tell me how many modern malware can infect windows 95/98 . What about cryptologer in ms dos
My api implementations are simple stubs or additional codes different from MS so forget about exploit

DBlake
Donator
Location: Two lefts and a diagonal sidestep from where you are.

Post by DBlake »

Do you want to know why nobody is uncovering "new" bugs/exploits in XP? It is end of life. You know what also probably has just as many, if not more undiscovered bugs/exploits? End of life software. XP also has the lowest userbase below that of even 8/8.1 combined which are also end of life. Projects like this only delay the inevitable end of an OS which should remain dead and buried. It gives people an excuse to not update very aging hardware because of the supposed costs, while in reality computer parts are at ever decreasing prices. There is no excuse from a hardware standpoint. Software-wise, there is no excuse either. It's an archaic OS with a lot of basic support for newer standards simply not there because of how ancient the OS is. Microsoft drops things from their support list for a reason. I honestly think it should stay that way.

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

Well 8.1 is not EOL yet...
but anyway, using XP means you have literally ancient hardware, or you're completely unaware of what you're doing- people are using xp x86 with 16GB RAM or so- and that RAM is just wasted,etc. People should stop using XP, and 32 bit windows altogether. It's time for x64, especially that CPU prices have already started dropping significantly.

Sumanai

Post by Sumanai »

Stephanos wrote:Well, it is definitely NOT one of the most secure versions of Windows. In fact, Windows 7 and up are much more secure than XP and Server 2003. There is a very good reason why people say using Windows Server 2003 nowadays is considered a major security risk.
Major Safety risks when working in Windows XP- this work out of the administrator account. UAC in Windows Vista and above forces run most of the software from under a limited user account that stopped this channel OS infection.
When using Windows XP of a Limited account security risk slightly more than the next OS.
Just do not forget that in XP x64 implemented PatchGuard, and with the established EMET security of the OS higher than Windows 7.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

Dibya wrote:less vulnerable than debian linux .
I wasn't aware that this was a gold standard of vulnerability or lack thereof? Don't even for a second tell me that Debian 9 is less vulnerable than XP. Any up-to-date, current Linux distribution is far more secure than XP by default (provided that you use a sensible password). Of course there will be vulnerabilities, but at least there is someone to patch them without resorting to hacks or paid contracts, which still isn't the equivalent of a secure, modern product.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Please keep all the "x is less vunerable than y" discussion off this topic.

This topic is not about Linux or even other OSes than Windows XP. If you want to discuss this make a new thread in general discussion or offtopics.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Sumanai

Post by Sumanai »

ovctvct wrote:It's time for x64
Good remark. Dibya, like with support Windows XP x64?

Dibya

Post by Dibya »

Sumanai wrote:
ovctvct wrote:It's time for x64
Good remark. Dibya, like with support Windows XP x64?
Next year absolutely
Hello Guys here so so so called XP 32bit cannot use 16Gb Ram ? In every MAya or 3DmaX rendering time i consume more than 11Gigs of Ram in 32bit with PAE . Really 32bit Should be dumped ? Think if you had a 64bit system with 128GB Ram but a virus consumed all of your RAM how you will do work ? A 32bit System with PAE will not allow a single process to use more than 4GB Ram .
Who said XP for Old System ? Come to asian countries , Here people run terribly fast system with XP only .
i myself run XP on i7 3770K and 6700k (Inf modded many driver )
This project is a excuse ? Then you have went to toilet thats also excuse .
This thread is opened for XP lover not for hater .
OH! Debian I got two cryptologer with clamwin AV . So please donot say me .
Here i donot known Nt6.X fan boys always disturb us .
I request Moderators to delete such comments so kindly delete them

OH! Peeps please give me some word of love to me for my hard work not this all discussion .
Thanks Admin to Ask people to stay in topic

marceloantonio1
Donator

Post by marceloantonio1 »

Can you give an example of what doesn't run before and runs after the patch? This is interesting.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

mrpijey wrote:Please keep all the "x is less vunerable than y" discussion off this topic.

This topic is not about Linux or even other OSes than Windows XP. If you want to discuss this make a new thread in general discussion or offtopics.
Yeah... Before you said that, this topic looked liked it would become a repeat of what happened the LAST TIME someone made a topic about patching XP: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 61&t=36177

I know that I'm repeating what mrpijey said (and I also know that this sounds backseat mod-ish), but I think this bears repeating: PLEASE don't make this topic into a repeat of the last one. The conversation over there eventually became completely derailed with "my OS is better than this OS" or "my OS has stronger security than this OS" chatter. If Dibya wants to patch XP, more power to him. If you think that XP should be abandoned for good, also more power to you. Just don't make this topic into another "XP vs. whatever" yelling contest. Plz?
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

Dibya

Post by Dibya »

marceloantonio1 wrote:Can you give an example of what doesn't run before and runs after the patch? This is interesting.
CyberFOx, Palemoon (would need chaNge palemoon.exe os version to win7) many games .
Just wait more newer version with new screenshots are coming .

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

Dibya wrote: CyberFOx, Palemoon (would need chaNge palemoon.exe os version to win7) many games .
No offence, but both browsers that you mention are built from Firefox, which the latest version of it, as far as I know, still supports XP. In fact, Pale Moon had a dedicated XP version (that was discontinued in November with 27.0.0): http://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-atom.shtml So, it's relatively easy to get a Firefox-based browser running on XP.

But, what do you mean by "many games"?
Last edited by Windows OS on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roytam1

Post by roytam1 »

Windows OS wrote:
Dibya wrote: CyberFOx, Palemoon (would need chaNge palemoon.exe os version to win7) many games .
No offence, but both browsers that you mention are built from Firefox, which the latest version of it, as far as I know, still supports XP. In fact, Pale Moon already has a dedicated XP version (but not for long): http://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-atom.shtml So, it's relatively easy to get a Firefox-based browser running on XP.

MoonChlid doesn't update PaleMoon-Atom/XP anymore.

Dibya

Post by Dibya »

Windows OS wrote:
No offence, but both browsers that you mention are built from Firefox, which the latest version of it, as far as I know, still supports XP. In fact, Pale Moon already has a dedicated XP version (but not for long): http://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-atom.shtml So, it's relatively easy to get a Firefox-based browser running on XP.

Sorry I have to make a list just wait .
Next Version will able to run following
Adobe Acrobet DC
Internet Explorer 9
DirectX11(Wine)
Adobe Photoshop CC
qupzilla210
FileZilla
Firefox 54 Beta
MediaBang paint shop pro
Kirita
Autodesk SketchBook
Crome50
Please if you want any more please ask me

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

Would it be possible to get office 2013 working?

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

Dibya wrote:
Windows OS wrote:

Sorry I have to make a list just wait .
Next Version will able to run following
Adobe Acrobet DC
Internet Explorer 9
DirectX11(Wine)
Adobe Photoshop CC
qupzilla210
FileZilla
Firefox 54 Beta
MediaBang paint shop pro
Kirita
Autodesk SketchBook
Crome50
Please if you want any more please ask me
OK. Some of that stuff (like IE 9 and DX11) are quite impressive to get working in XP.
roytam1 wrote:MoonChlid doesn't update PaleMoon-Atom/XP anymore.
Yeah, I just noticed that lol. Post edited

ScentedOrange

Post by ScentedOrange »

This is really neat to see. I'd much rather run XP in a virtual machine than 7 or even 10. But is there a chance we could see any of the new versions of Office running using this patch?

Dibya

Post by Dibya »

ScentedOrange wrote:This is really neat to see. I'd much rather run XP in a virtual machine than 7 or even 10. But is there a chance we could see any of the new versions of Office running using this patch?
what about office 2016 ? i will try to port .

ScentedOrange

Post by ScentedOrange »

Dibya wrote:[
Thats even better :)

Dibya

Post by Dibya »

ScentedOrange wrote:
Dibya wrote:[
Thats even better :)
One help can you do for me please .
Install the version of MS office on supported platform
Copy all file from program files to your xp with my patch
then check dependency (Missing api that will shown red , press ctrl and select all red then copy )
post those missing api here
Please keep list of API under there specific files like kernel32 , shell32

vbdasc

Post by vbdasc »

DBlake wrote:Projects like this only delay the inevitable end of an OS which should remain dead and buried.
Projects like this existed before for Windows 2000, Windows 98 etc. etc. and they were quite useful... While I agree that the time for Windows XP as a mainstream OS (which can be used by the average Joe) has already past, it can still be a useful tool for those who know what they're doing.

P.S. I still run Windows XP on two real machines and numerous virtual ones, in a production environment, and it does its job perfectly well. No problems with security, application compatibility etc. whatsoever. But I repeat, the current XP user needs to know what he's doing.