An old feature on BA

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
MrFreeman

An old feature on BA

Post by MrFreeman »

I remember lurking around here along time ago, and there was a section where users could post links to FTP servers they ran. I'm not asking for it to come back, why was it removed?
Half-Life is a pretty good game.

awesomeguy

An old feature on BA

Post by awesomeguy »

I wasn't here, but I think it is still there. You have FTP access, so you should be able to access the Servers and Discussion forum. What you described should be over there. The only problem is that very few member-hosted servers are actually up.
Offtopic Comment
2014 isn't a long time ago.

Gnome
Donator

Re: An old feature on BA

Post by Gnome »

They were merged along time ago however i've not seen any user ones that have been posted recently other than Goldfish's ESXI one.

Goldfish64
Donator

Post by Goldfish64 »

Yeah I believe mine is the most recent and only one online, but I think people have lost interest after like the first month I put it out there. I personally have not even looked at it for months, but it still exists and is online but I have no idea about what is on it anymore.
Goldfish64

MrFreeman

Post by MrFreeman »

awesomeguy wrote:I wasn't here, but I think it is still there. You have FTP access, so you should be able to access the Servers and Discussion forum. What you described should be over there. The only problem is that very few member-hosted servers are actually up.
Offtopic Comment
2014 isn't a long time ago.
Offtopic Comment
I know 2014 wasn't a long time ago, but I was actually referring to around the year 2011 when I remember this.
Half-Life is a pretty good game.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Since BA has had its own FTP managed by mrpijey, everything has been put onto there that people have been willing to share with us, so there has never been any need for people to open their own, they just upload to us instead. That's not to say people can't open one if they like, but given the required resources which few people have, most have preferred us to do it.