[Offer] [Corrupt] [Reference] Whistler 2463 corrupt iso

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
gus33000
Location: Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

[Offer] [Corrupt] [Reference] Whistler 2463 corrupt iso

Post by gus33000 »

Note: this won't go to the ftp.

I decided to upload this to mega, as I thought it might be good to keep this as a reference. As this particular iso, is starting to be hard to find, I thought that I needed to preserve it.

This iso is corrupt, here you will find a list of files, that does not seem really corrupted. (Note: driver.cab contains to kernel files, and thankfully this file is not corrupted)
These files, have been checked, if they were correct archive files, and contained what they said, eg: FP4.CA_, contains FP4.CAT

Download (Corrupted): https://mega.nz/#!eU8wgIwK!QAFyFmqsZRzW ... uJdLsqsFD4

Code: Select all

File: usa_2463__x86fre.pro_whistler.iso
CRC-32: e765ea46
   MD4: 2539513f8a183e0f39d770924720b921
   MD5: f3818ffafba5a39348f63c0b66bf15af
 SHA-1: 1ce445b84fc3418136652ad4bd89ec2b992a4727
Note: this build is supposed (compared to 2462) to contain bug fixes for the Remote Desktop Client. So if you ask me, that's not a huge loss.

but some peoples, might find that mirror helpful.

cantasan99

Re: [Offer] [Corrupt] [Reference] Whistler 2463 corrupt iso

Post by cantasan99 »

IIRC, the 2463 iso that was on the FTP had contained corrupt driver.cab.

If your iso has correct driver.cab, we could mix two of them

Reference: http://www.thecollectionbook.info/build ... /build/306

Turkish translator of Wine/Known as ctasan in ReactOS Forum
ReactOS Community Changelogs - Don't miss improvements!

johnleakedfan

Post by johnleakedfan »

I also have a fixed iso I made if anyone wants it

From the ISO I made from making the tcb fix on it, I did before
Last edited by johnleakedfan on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

cantasan99 wrote:IIRC, the 2463 iso that was on the FTP had contained corrupt driver.cab.

How could the fix on TCB work if driver.cab was corrupt? You're not making any sense, have you actually read the fix procedure on TCB?
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

cantasan99

Post by cantasan99 »

Overdoze wrote:
cantasan99 wrote:IIRC, the 2463 iso that was on the FTP had contained corrupt driver.cab.

How could the fix on TCB work if driver.cab was corrupt? You're not making any sense, have you actually read the fix procedure on TCB?
You understand me wrong: I referenced TCB for verifying that driver.cab on the former FTP ISO was corrupt.

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

Driver.cab was pretty much the only thing not corrupted, hence the tutorial on TCB on how to port it into 2462... The ISO gus33000 provides in the OP is in fact the one from the FTP. There's nothing to mix or fix here as you suggested.

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

cantasan99

Post by cantasan99 »

Overdoze wrote:Driver.cab was pretty much the only thing not corrupted, hence the tutorial on TCB on how to port it into 2462... The ISO gus33000 provides in the OP is in fact the one from the FTP. There's nothing to mix or fix here as you suggested.
Is OP's iso fron FTP? If it is, you're right. And my suggestion was just for driver.cab, no way to repair others :(

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Basically everything up to FP4.CAT is good. Then suddenly, the ISO stops being a 2463 ISO and contains the contents of a b2128 ISO from there on out.

Not quite sure how you manage to get dumping/uploading so wrong you end up like that, but I guess someone managed it.

qazmko1029

Post by qazmko1029 »

gus33000 wrote:
Note: this build is supposed (compared to 2462) to contain bug fixes for the Remote Desktop Client. So if you ask me, that's not a huge loss.

but some peoples, might find that mirror helpful.

Not really. If you put all available files into 2462 ISO, after installation, you'll find that you receive a memory read error from winlogon everytime you startup to login module.

qazmko1029

Post by qazmko1029 »

hounsell wrote:Basically everything up to FP4.CAT is good. Then suddenly, the ISO stops being a 2463 ISO and contains the contents of a b2128 ISO from there on out.

Not quite sure how you manage to get dumping/uploading so wrong you end up like that, but I guess someone managed it.
Totally agreeable. I also did a research on 2463 several months ago and got the same result. There are other correct files, but seems useless to the installation. And you can get other several files from Driver.cab to i386 by repacking them. R.I.P Whistler 2463. :cry:

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

qazmko1029 wrote:R.I.P Whistler 2463. :cry:
There's still chances a proper ISO will turn up someday...