Command & Conquer Commando Pre-Milestone 1 PlayStation

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
eggplant_casserole

Command & Conquer Commando Pre-Milestone 1 PlayStation

Post by eggplant_casserole »

We have had some material pass between members recently over at ASSEMbler from Point of View. One of them includes a tech demo for C&C Commando. It's nothing huge (literally - a 3.5 Mb BIN file), but I thought some people here might like it anyway.

It's probably easiest to link to the forum post with the release and Youtube video (I didn't see anything prohibiting this in the rules, but moderators feel free to alter this if you wish):

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh ... Tech-Demo)

Enjoy!

AlexN
Donator

Re: Command & Conquer Commando Pre-Milestone 1 PlayStation

Post by AlexN »

Offtopic Comment
Should this be posted on the FTP?
...and I promise on my bones - I built this home, I built it up for you.
SoundCloud /// Twitter /// YouTube

Formerly ratsrock2323

eggplant_casserole

I'd happily post it on the FTP, but I don't have access. Also, I doubt it's ripped in a format you consider correct and there's no scan of the disc... it may well have just been compiled, as some of the items were received as source code.

I'm not the person who released it so I can't provide further insight from that point of view.

InsertGoodNameHere

Post by InsertGoodNameHere »

eggplant_casserole wrote:I'd happily post it on the FTP, but I don't have access.
Click me!
Offtopic Comment
100th post :D
Don't visit much, if ever.

Looking to contact me? Shoot me a PM on reddit (here).

eggplant_casserole

Thanks for the link - I wasn't aware there was a public upload account.

However, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't own the original disc, which is either a CD-R or maybe even was just compiled from source code. The file is a BIN and CUE, which the stern warning on that page tells me is unacceptable and would probably mean my application would be rejected. Likewise, I can't provide a high-resolution image of the disc, as I don't have it.

All things considered, I'd rather not upload it. It's available on the original link should anyone wish to download the BIN/CUE.

InsertGoodNameHere

eggplant_casserole wrote:Thanks for the link - I wasn't aware there was a public upload account.

However, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't own the original disc, which is either a CD-R or maybe even was just compiled from source code. The file is a BIN and CUE, which the stern warning on that page tells me is unacceptable and would probably mean my application would be rejected. Likewise, I can't provide a high-resolution image of the disc, as I don't have it.

All things considered, I'd rather not upload it. It's available on the original link should anyone wish to download the BIN/CUE.
Actually, some software can be uploaded, even if it is BIN/CUE or other.

eggplant_casserole

Thanks for the clarification.

I've uploaded the file to the FTP for review, along with the IMSA tech demo from the same company (I made a post on that, too).

InsertGoodNameHere

InsertGoodNameHere wrote:
eggplant_casserole wrote:Thanks for the link - I wasn't aware there was a public upload account.

Actually, some software can be uploaded, even if it is BIN/CUE or other.
Little note: If you have an actual disc of old software, then .mdf is preferred.