Windows 9 Build 6.4.9788

New news and release discussion.
maxtorix
Donator

Windows 9 Build 6.4.9788

Post by maxtorix »

Works is said to continue on Windows 9, the next full version of Windows prepared by Microsoft, and according to a new report, the company has already completed development of a new build.

Twitter user FaiKee, who has a good track on undisclosed Microsoft information, said in a new tweet that Windows 9 Build 6.4.9788 is already being tested right now and is very likely to leak in the coming days. He also revealed that the ISO image has 3.83 GB in size and comes as en_windows_6_4_9788_0_x64_dvd_0000000.iso.

No other details have been provided so far, but if this information is indeed true, Microsoft might actually present the very first beta of Windows 9 at the WPC conference kicking off next week.

Russian leaker WZor previously said that WPC was indeed likely to witness the unveiling of the first preview build of Windows 9, but other sources close to the development process indicate that this is highly unlikely, as the software giant is still working on some key features to be part of the operating system.

Windows 9 could be launched in early 2015 and word is that Microsoft might introduce two different preview versions, one of which is expected to see daylight sometime this year.

Source
(li) Every box with any belongings in it is just Isus's theft from ŽL. :evil:

viper
Donator

Re: Windows 9 Build 6.4.9788

Post by viper »

A leak would be nice, maybe something will come from the WPC conference

http://www.digitalwpc.com/Pages/Home.aspx

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

That was yesterday... Seems like no leak. I don't believe his guy at all. I doubt a leak would come. There's no evidence.

JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

Just because there's no evidence, doesn't mean it can't happen.

Eggs6131

Post by Eggs6131 »

Going to keep my eye on this one. Nothing so far but that might change once the WPC Conference has passed in a couple of days.
Offtopic Comment
The name of the ISO goes to show that they haven't actually decided the name for this release yet - Windows NT 6.4? I don't think so :P
... what are you looking at?

cantasan99

Post by cantasan99 »

Do you think it or another build will leak in x86? Sorry, I have not x64 processor.

And is there any info about hardware requirements?

Turkish translator of Wine/Known as ctasan in ReactOS Forum
ReactOS Community Changelogs - Don't miss improvements!

JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

cantasan99 wrote:And is there any info about hardware requirements?
I'm sure Windows 9 will have x86 and x64 versions, but other than that, we don't have much.

dw5304
Donator

Post by dw5304 »

cantasan99 wrote:Do you think it or another build will leak in x86? Sorry, I have not x64 processor.

if windows 8.1 is any indication their will be x86, x64 and arm.

Ramireztime
Donator

Post by Ramireztime »

Windows 9... I back in late 2009, I had though to myself that the world would never hear about this till at least 2020. Hopefully they come up with some sort of name for it instead of a version number (e.g. Windows ME, XP, Vista...)

EDIT: Other than Threshold, I would hope that they would name it after something from the Halo series, just for the "dell" off it, or to be able to somehow integrate Cortana from Windows Phone at a later date *plays Anything Could Happen*
Last edited by Ramireztime on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oh hello there.

James

Post by James »

His post has been deleted for being absolutely pointless. It's so spammy, I'm just nuking it from orbit because I'm sure he can do better. :/

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

Seems it's going to leak soon, but only x64...

Eggs6131

Post by Eggs6131 »

ovctvct wrote:Seems it's going to leak soon, but only x64...
Damnit! I only have 2 gigs of RAM - a 64-bit version would clog up my system entirely :(

Shame. Well, back to the Microsoft waiting room for me.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

It most certainly would not.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Derf
Donator

Post by Derf »

Looks like you guys will get your leak soon. Its making its way around scene groups right now, a good sign that it will see a broader leak. I'm hearing that this is an extremely early, boring build with very few changes to a Windows 8.1 Update installation. The fun stuff is still locked away in private dev labs and don't see incorporation into builds that are distributed more broadly, such as these.

x64 only. Windows NT 6.4. No guarantee but it's looking good.

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

>making its way around scene groups

When was the last time the warez scene was really involved with a leak? Millennium? Whistler?

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

I guess Derf means groups like No Limit

Derf
Donator

Post by Derf »

Indeed, just small, private beta collecting groups - sorry for the incorrect terminology. I've been around since those Whistler days, you see, and old habits die hard. :-P

maxtorix
Donator

Post by maxtorix »

Screen was spotted:
(li) Every box with any belongings in it is just Isus's theft from ŽL. :evil:

ExplicitNuM5

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

Hope they have a start menu screenshot for our validation... Otherwise, I will strike with my minimal Photoshop skills...
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

ExplicitNuM5 wrote:Hope they have a start menu screenshot for our validation... Otherwise, I will strike with my minimal Photoshop skills...
Offtopic Comment
What?

Eggs6131

Post by Eggs6131 »

ExplicitNuM5 wrote:Hope they have a start menu screenshot for our validation... Otherwise, I will strike with my minimal Photoshop skills...
Offtopic Comment
What, like this?

I'll make this post worthwhile now. The download link at:
http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewto ... 9&start=25
isn't working at all on my end. I'm guessing Microsoft's gotten whiff of this and took it down. Spoilsports :cry:

ExplicitNuM5

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

XDXDXD Thanks!!!!! What I meant by my last post was that the desktop bears too much resemblences to Windows 8.1 6.3.9600.16610. So naturally, I thought may be a photoshopped version of it.
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

Derf wrote:Looks like you guys will get your leak soon. Its making its way around scene groups right now, a good sign that it will see a broader leak. I'm hearing that this is an extremely early, boring build with very few changes to a Windows 8.1 Update installation. The fun stuff is still locked away in private dev labs and don't see incorporation into builds that are distributed more broadly, such as these.

Just because the first known release is of the 64-bit version does not mean that it will be "64-bit-only". There have been rumors for just about every version of Windows to be "64-bit-only" as far back as Windows 7, for the same reason that there have been similar rumors about support for 128-bit processors and even being version 7.0. However, in each and every case, all three of those rumors were eventually proven false.

Personally, I highly doubt that Microsoft will discontinue support for 32-bit processors with Windows 9, considering that they are making great efforts to encourage people to migrate from earlier operating systems. Also remember that a new PC may be far more expensive for some people (especially those with low-income jobs and in poorer countries) than it would be for most of us here.

Still, Microsoft could theoretically remove the 32-bit version, but I highly doubt it in this case when you consider that Microsoft obviously wants to promote Windows 9 to users upgrading from previous versions of Windows who may be using older (or low-end) machines. Removing the 32-bit version would just hinder their upgrade paths, since most of those users would be more likely to stay with their old operating system then have to purchase new computer hardware (e.g. "I have to pay extra for the new hardware! I'll just stick with my old OS then...).

Remember that you are talking about marketing here. What is easy for us to understand is not necessarily going to be the same for a normal user.

But I think that the better answer to this question would be to wait until an official release plan is released by Microsoft, since only then would we know for sure.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

I think 32-bit is definitely staying.

Thanks to their absurd concession in creating 32-bit UEFI support in Windows 8, which Intel have embraced across multiple platforms, even where there's absolutely no conceivable reason to do so. They've managed to push up the penalty of dropping x86 support again -,-

Derf
Donator

Post by Derf »

[YouTube2][/YouTube2]
WinPC wrote:
Derf wrote:Looks like you guys will get your leak soon. Its making its way around scene groups right now, a good sign that it will see a broader leak. I'm hearing that this is an extremely early, boring build with very few changes to a Windows 8.1 Update installation. The fun stuff is still locked away in private dev labs and don't see incorporation into builds that are distributed more broadly, such as these.

Just because the first known release is of the 64-bit version does not mean that it will be "64-bit-only". There have been rumors for just about every version of Windows to be "64-bit-only" as far back as Windows 7, for the same reason that there have been similar rumors about support for 128-bit processors and even being version 7.0. However, in each and every case, all three of those rumors were eventually proven false.

Personally, I highly doubt that Microsoft will discontinue support for 32-bit processors with Windows 9, considering that they are making great efforts to encourage people to migrate from earlier operating systems. Also remember that a new PC may be far more expensive for some people (especially those with low-income jobs and in poorer countries) than it would be for most of us here.

Still, Microsoft could theoretically remove the 32-bit version, but I highly doubt it in this case when you consider that Microsoft obviously wants to promote Windows 9 to users upgrading from previous versions of Windows who may be using older (or low-end) machines. Removing the 32-bit version would just hinder their upgrade paths, since most of those users would be more likely to stay with their old operating system then have to purchase new computer hardware (e.g. "I have to pay extra for the new hardware! I'll just stick with my old OS then...).

Remember that you are talking about marketing here. What is easy for us to understand is not necessarily going to be the same for a normal user.

But I think that the better answer to this question would be to wait until an official release plan is released by Microsoft, since only then would we know for sure.
I was referring to this leak, which is what this topic is for. Not Windows 9 as a whole. Please stay on topic.