Windows Server Family boot screen?

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
tariqm

Windows Server Family boot screen?

Post by tariqm »

When I was at Google, I stumbled upon the following image:

Is this boot screen real??? If so, when does it appear??? Of course it does use the smooth fade-in effect.
     Image     Gotta Catch 'em All?! We got 'em all!

Finding many rare pieces of software from my collection and rare valuables on the web and uploading 'em all to BA's FTP!

Win7

Re: Windows Server Family boot screen?

Post by Win7 »

No, it isn't, primarily because it doesn't include the copyright dates, and because there haven't been Windows versions called Server Family branded with Windows XP logo...

Win7

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

My guess is a Server 2003 build in the 248X range

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

Win7: I think the XP SP3 bootscreen also doesn't have any copyright years ;)

This build would be between XP logo rebrand and .NET Server rebrand.
Also it's quite possible it's a bootscreen you see when upgrading 2000srv to Srv2003. A similar bootscreen, without the "Server Family" text shows between the Setup in the original OS and the 2nd stage XP setup. I'll check that later.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

tariqm

Post by tariqm »

AlphaBeta wrote:Win7: I think the XP SP3 bootscreen also doesn't have any copyright years ;)

This build would be between XP logo rebrand and .NET Server rebrand.
Also it's quite possible it's a bootscreen you see when upgrading 2000srv to Srv2003. A similar bootscreen, without the "Server Family" text shows between the Setup in the original OS and the 2nd stage XP setup. I'll check that later.
You're right, AlphaBeta, but the boot screen you mentioned that is used during the upgrading stage is also used in Windows Whistler Advanced Server build 2493 as a permanent boot screen but it would be awesome if this boot screen was used in Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs, Windows Embedded for Point-Of-Service 1.0 and 1.1, and when loading the installation of Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 from CD/Network. I also know that this boot screen is also used when using Serva to install Windows from a Network.

Finding many rare pieces of software from my collection and rare valuables on the web and uploading 'em all to BA's FTP!

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

AlphaBeta wrote:Win7: I think the XP SP3 bootscreen also doesn't have any copyright years ;)
Starting with SP2, the boot screens for various XP editions were unified (blue progress bar) and slightly changed (copyright years removed).
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

WinMaker

Post by WinMaker »

This image is a prototype of operating system. Prototype is, e.g Windows XP Freestyle, or Windows 97.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

WinMaker wrote:This image is a prototype of operating system. Prototype is, e.g Windows XP Freestyle, or Windows 97.
Offtopic Comment
Welcome to BetaArchive. Have a good time there. ;)
I think you're probably mixing more things up.
Freestyle was codename of Media Centre and Windows 97 was a kind of nickname for 98.

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

WinMaker wrote:This image is a prototype of operating system. Prototype is, e.g Windows XP Freestyle, or Windows 97.
Windows Server Family is a real Server 2003 build, not a prototype. Windows XP Freestyle is the Longhorn 3706 MCE. Windows 97 never existed.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

DiskingRound wrote:Windows Server Family is a real Server 2003 build, not a prototype.
Any proper evidence?
DiskingRound wrote:Windows XP Freestyle is the Longhorn 3706 MCE.
No. Freestyle was a product separate from Longhorn.

Nashville

Post by Nashville »

It's fake, because Windows Server 2003 never had Windows Server family boot picture, only Windows 2000 Server editions.
My wanted stuff (original media):

Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2000 SP4 (aka SP1a)

Win7

Post by Win7 »

Nashville wrote:It's fake, because Windows Server 2003 never had Windows Server family boot picture, only Windows 2000 Server editions.
Exactly what I've tried to prove... That boot screen can be considered fake for another reason, too: copyright dates absence is typical of Server 2003 SP1, but it's quite clear that this boot screen should have been part of an older, fake package...

Win7

rthdribl

Post by rthdribl »

I have seen this bootscreen long time ago. It belonged to some 24xx build of "Windows XP Server" (according to the System Properties) that was installed on one of the PCS in my University. The installation media, as the admin said, were "from a prerelease for education". I'm always interested when I see the "Windows Server Family" boot screen as I'm quite sure it was used.
MINI NT EXECUTIVE Version 1.0
rthdribl

ExplicitNuM5

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

I only seen "Server Family" on Windows 2000. The boot screen is missing the Copyright years, and can someone verify the color of the Windows boot screen moving bar?
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

computebrute
Donator

Post by computebrute »

ExplicitNuM5 wrote:I only seen "Server Family" on Windows 2000. The boot screen is missing the Copyright years, and can someone verify the color of the Windows boot screen moving bar?
Uhhh, Grey?

tariqm

Post by tariqm »

computebrute wrote:
ExplicitNuM5 wrote:I only seen "Server Family" on Windows 2000. The boot screen is missing the Copyright years, and can someone verify the color of the Windows boot screen moving bar?
Uhhh, Grey?
Grey was used in the Windows Whistler/.NET Server/.NET Server 2003/Server 2003 betas and the final version of Server 2003. Also certain custom XP/Server 2003 boot screens use the gray moving progress bar.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

Not really custom bootscreens. They're as official as the other ones are. When they are displayed is another thing obviously.

PingTest

Post by PingTest »

This bootscreen is real. It can be achieved by installing Windows XP Professional SP3, and using TweakNT to 'convert' to a server varient

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

No, Windows Whistler Server Family boot screen that the OP showed is fake.
Build 2493
Build 3505
Build 3531-3544
And your bootscreen shows no 1985-2001 at the bottom left hand corner which is another hint to watch out for.
@Archenemy betaarchive member

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

PrimeV2Chosen

Post by PrimeV2Chosen »

I can confirm it's real because if you change a Windows XP Desktop SKU with a Server one with TweakNT, e.g. Standard Server, after you changed it and restart, it appears that bootscreen.
Last edited by x010 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bump approved

JennyTheOSCollector

Post by JennyTheOSCollector »

There's lots of people who are good at photoshopping,such as AlphaBeta here.The progress bar isn't at the right color,so maybe it's still in WindowsNeverRelesed pile.As long as I tried those OSes,I just remember I have tried Windows 2000 Server Family,within all 3 versions (Though there're two 64bit versions,but I haven't find an emulator that can emulate IA64 architecture untill now).
Bored...Now I'd like to do something practical,like learning about HTML programming and make music pieces!

FixTails

Post by FixTails »

There was a .net server family one in Beta 3 builds of Server 2003. Thats from TheCollectionBook.

windowsio
Donator

Post by windowsio »

I got it after migrating to the server sku in tweaknt. Probably a fallback image.
Perkele

palmakia

Post by palmakia »

PrimeV2Chosen wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:42 pm
I can confirm it's real because if you change a Windows XP Desktop SKU with a Server one with TweakNT, e.g. Standard Server, after you changed it and restart, it appears that bootscreen.
It can be achieved by installing Windows XP Professional SP3, and using TweakNT to 'convert' to a server varient