Windows Essential Business Server (Centro) Beta 2

New news and release discussion.
Vista Ultimate R2

Windows Essential Business Server (Centro) Beta 2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Beta 2 of Windows Essential Business Server (codename "Centro") was released today and is now available on Connect - you must first fill out a short survey confirming that you wish to continue to participate in the beta and the downloads should become available soon after completion (I've only just done it and they haven't appeared yet). They also say they will send out DVDs to all beta participants as with the previous releases of Centro.

Windows Essential Business Server (Centro) is built on Windows Server 2008 and provides an integrated server and management system for midsize businesses. The upcoming Beta 2 release includes many new Windows Server 2008 based components, as well as updates to the server applications that shipped in the Windows Essential Business Server (Centro) CTP release as well as System Center Essentials 2007, Exchange Server 2007 and ISA, as well as a host of other improvements. The team has done a tremendous amount of work to ensure a smooth experience for you. How are we doing and what do you think of our progress? Let us know!
Hello Beta participants and contributors,
Big News! Microsoft has just released Beta 2 of Windows Essential Business Server formally known as Windows Sever code name "Centro". We look forward to your continued participation with Windows Essential Business Server and are really excited to receive your feedback on this release. The team is looking for confirmation we have it right, and your feedback can and will directly impact the design of this exciting new product!
Windows® Essential Business Server Beta 2 software is available for download from the MS Connect Site at http://connect.microsoft.com/centro under the downloads section. For a limited time (through the end of January 2008), physical media will be sent to all TAP, MVP, and OEM participants and to all External Techbeta participants who have told us that they still plan to participate, meet the hardware requirements and have accepted the Windows Essential Business Server Techbeta Confidentiality via the Windows Essential Business Server Beta 2 Participation Survey.
If you have the ability to burn your own DVDs, there is a set of three DVD ISO downloads and one CD download for the Windows Essential Business Server Beta 2 software in the downloads section of the site.
We are looking for actionable and broad feedback from a wide range of testers. With this Beta 2, we will continue to provide newsgroup support from the product team, and will be actively accepting bugs from participants.

m4rkuz

Post by m4rkuz »

same here

I cant download, too

but I hope I can download it soon

dionet
Donator

Post by dionet »

The download is now there.

TheWahbinator

Post by TheWahbinator »

you had to have filled out the mandatory survey first

m4rkuz

Post by m4rkuz »

downloading now

Vista Ultimate R2

Yup, the files and product keys have now appeared for me too, it seems as though they take a few hours to appear after you complete the survey. Not that I'll be downloading those 12 GB now though, as they are going to send DVDs out to everyone soon anyway.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

I just got accepted. Will they send out physical copies to us, or do I have to download these?
-Jeff

Vista Ultimate R2

Yes, it says on the homepage for the beta programme:
For a limited time(through the end of January 2008), physical media will be sent to all TAP, MVP, and OEM participants and to all External Techbeta participants who have told us that they still plan to participate, meet the hardware requirements and have accepted the Windows Essential Business Server Techbeta Confidentiality via the Windows Essential Business Server Beta 2 Participation Survey.
I've had the Beta 1 and post-Beta 1 CTP discs from them so there's no reason why they shouldn't send these ones out too.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

OK, thanks for telling me. I didn't read that front page (I guess I should from now on.)
-Jeff

Vista Ultimate R2

Came today

Discs are still labelled as Codename Centro, interestingly enough.

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:Image

Came today

Discs are still labelled as Codename Centro, interestingly enough.
mine came last friday, tahts why I was testing them, but it ended up screwing up my network, so I quit.

Vista Ultimate R2

Woah, what happened to your network because of this? Were you trying to upgrade an existing domain and it went wrong?

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:Woah, what happened to your network because of this? Were you trying to upgrade an existing domain and it went wrong?
It was assigned random IPs to all every computer, I think I got the router in the wrong place.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

Just got my copy today! It's my first real beta DVD so I'm pretty happy!
-Jeff