Flatout prototype (2002)

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
Venetik
Donator

Flatout prototype (2002)

Post by Venetik »

Flatout prototype from 2002 by Bugbear Entertainment.

http://bugbearfi.kamppis.nebula.fi/Bugb ... 202002.exe
Hey, everyone! Since we’re currently running a Kickstarter campaign for our Next Car Game, we thought it would be a great time to share something very special with you.

You can now download a prototype that we created over 10 years ago that has never been shown publicly. The prototype is a little rough around the edges, but it served as an initial actualization of our vision for a reckless racing game, and despite the humble beginnings, it later grew into a game franchise loved by millions of fans.

The foundation for our proprietary physics engine was laid down in the prototype, and even today, the physics engine we use is based on the very same core. Actually, even the code wizard who developed it over ten years ago is working on our amazing Next Car Game!

(...)

To make things clear, this is NOT the sneak peek technology demo of the Next Car Game.
Nice weekend! ;)
Well, hello friends!

xbeta

Re: Flatout prototype (2002)

Post by xbeta »

WinBetaCollector

Post by WinBetaCollector »

I acctually have Driving Speed 2 is it prototype of Flatout 2?
Last edited by James on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected game name. Fallout 2 has nothing to do with this game. XD
All builds are good if you dosen't know ~WojtekCreeper

eggplant_casserole

Post by eggplant_casserole »

WinBetaCollector wrote:I acctually have Driving Speed 2 is it prototype of Flatout 2?
Driving Speed 2 is a freeware game made by Wheelspin Studios, who are based in Adelaide, Australia. It was released in 2008. The team who worked on it are: Derek Long, Darryl Mills, Stu Griffiths, Neil Faichney, Ilidio de Sousa, Yannis Brown & Jacob Brandt with additional music from Eclectic Electronica.

FlatOut and FlatOut 2 were developed by Bugbear Entertainment in Finland, initially with a "small" team of about 30, and released in 2004 and 2006 respectively.

To answer your question, no - Driving Speed 2 is not a prototype of FlatOut 2 and in fact was released two years after!

Derek Long programmed Driving Speed 2. His site is www.megaderek.com

Hope that helps!

Consulcast

Post by Consulcast »

I love FlatOut! There was this Steam sale, and also an event. I don't remember what that was actually but I remember that it gave discount cards or free games when you craft them. I got FlatOut and I was back in time...